The holiday season is now in full swing and a lot of organisations think that means they need to put a lot of their recruitment plans on hold, even if it’s to the detriment of the business. We believe there’s actually some very positive reasons to advertising and recruiting over the Christmas period, and have successfully done so in the past.
Here’s a few reasons to share with you:
- Jobseekers have more time to jobseek – As work traditionally unwinds and people take leave, they have a lot more time. The super keen job seekers won’t be halting their searches and will be using their extra time to find and apply for the right opportunity. Make sure your job ad is visible and able to attract these enthusiasts as they could be just the type of person you’re looking for.
- More time to train staff – Work traditionally dies down over the holiday period so there may be more time to train staff ready for the more serious workload in the New Year.
- Get ahead of the competition – When the war on talent can be challenging, make sure your job opportunity is advertised especially if your competitors have gone quiet.
- New staff can get to know the team – Invite shortlisted candidates to meet your team over the Christmas period and allow them to see your staff happy and inviting as they’ll have more time on their hands. Ask your new recruit to join your Christmas party so that they can get to know everyone and settle before the real work begins in Jan.
….and if that isn’t reason enough to list your vacancies on our Jobs Board now, then Santa has brought a very special Christmas offer for you to take advantage of too!
Wired Sussex Jobs Board Christmas Offer 2016:
For the month of December, every job ad posted on our Jobs Board will receive FREE additional exposure in the form of:
- A free job listing in Latest7 Magazine, the biggest city magazine in Europe – 100,000 readers every week (worth an extra £25 + VAT)
- An extra 2 weeks of exposure (10 weeks of advertising instead of the normal 8)
That’s all on top of the 60,000+ unique visits from local jobseekers and the whole host of normal benefits listed here !
Don’t delay and add your job now, or if you need any help then just call Laura on 01273 692888.