We’re Lark. Our team of writers, editors and creatives help brilliant brands find their voice and tell their stories.
From our studio in central Brighton, we produce the highest quality content for some amazing organisations, from Guide Dogs and Samaritans to Sport England.
Our work includes brand language, copywriting and editing, creating brand and marketing materials, running content workshops, producing tone of voice and messaging guidelines, crafting straplines, building content strategies, as well as running training and consultancy.
We have a very rare opportunity for a new team member to come and join us. We are looking for a versatile Content Strategist to help us deliver excellent projects for our clients. The right person will be able to help shape the way we look at content in the agency.
A hybrid of analytical thinking, creativity and a deep understanding of the different types of content people like (and need!) to consume.
We’re a small, specialist team of writers, editors, designers and strategists, and we all get involved in different aspects of each project - from brief to delivery, so we need someone who's open to mucking in – including with content creation – but we'd be looking at you in particular to lead on the strategic side of content projects.
We know our clients inside out, and being a small team, we get to know each other pretty well too. So personality and fit are as important as skills and experience.
Who we need:
- Someone with 3+ years in planning & delivering content projects.
What you need:
- An ability to solve (often complex) content problems – using content strategy skills to understand information needs, plan user journeys, audit content and create content wireframes.
- An analytical mind: we need someone who likes to tackle things methodically and thoughtfully – attention to detail is essential.
- With a creative spark – this is not a dedicated copywriting role, but we're a small creative content agency, so we need someone who brings ideas to the table and is also comfortable creating engaging content.
- Some design skills a plus: experience in InDesign and Photoshop, and any relevant content strategy software/tools.
- Ability to run your own time and projects.
The bits you really want to know
- Core hours are 9am-5pm but there is flexibility (if you’re an early riser, get in early and finish early!)
- 25 days holiday +1 on your birthday
- Salary: competitive. Please include your salary expectations.
NOTE: This ad has been updated since it was originally published.
Please drop us your CV and/or portfolio, an indication of salary expectations, and a short cover email explaining why you think you’re the one for us to: firstname.lastname@example.org