Elucidat is an award winning elearning authoring platform, globally recognised as a leader in our field. We work with some of the most successful organizations in the world, including Oxfam, Tesco, The Open University, Comcast and British Medical Journal, helping them to produce digital learning with real-life impact.
We're a close knit team on a mission to provide the software, support and coaching needed to produce online learning experiences that deliver real-life impact. We call this people-centered elearning. Our software enables large organisations to achieve this on a global scale.
Are you a talented and creative Developer? Are you driven by creating great code that makes users happy?
Do want to join one of Brighton’s most dynamic growth-stage companies, with a fantastic team and great working environment?
We put people first and because we know that life is about more than just work, we’ll give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team – who live by our learn, care, share values every day. Learn more about values and benefits here.
So how can you help?
Well - you’ll be:
- A full stack JS developer with a passion for working in a team.
- You'll work closely with a Product Manager through the full SDLC, helping to evaluate, plan, build and deliver great features through the Agile methodology.
- You'll inspire your team to deliver high quality product iterations each sprint, and work with them to estimate and plan upcoming work.
- You'll report directly to the Development Manager & provide feedback to help adapt and enhance our processes
If this sounds like your jam, then this could be your next exciting career step!
What you need...
- A track record delivering beautiful, scalable web apps through React, Node.js and other modern JS technologies (ES6 is desired)
- Previous experience as a Lead developer, ability to motivate and drive a team towards its goals.
- Strong understanding of the Agile methodology, particularly Scrum.
- A drive to deliver robust code through TDD/BDD. Git experience is a must.
- Knowledge of database technologies (SQL & NoSQL), and knows how best to use them.
- Good understanding of design patterns and methodologies like MVC & SOLID
Nice to have...
- An understanding or experience within an e-learning context
- Background or experience within a startup would also be useful
- Infrastructure/dev-ops skills, serverless, or CI/CD/Jenkins are a big bonus.
- This role can be based at our Brighton office, or be based entirely remotely
- Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- Central Brighton office, great location, handy for transport links
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Opportunities to grow - from our excellent onboarding process through career plans to help you progress
- Dedicated learning time - learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company too, by offering you 1 day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture, opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials and bring together everyone in the business at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts to our software to charities such as Oxfam and Unicef.
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. Our quarterly objectives (OKRs) are set by the entire team and we use the latest technologies to collect regular feedback anonymously through polling and pulse checks.
- We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.
Please apply via: https://elucidat.workable.com/jobs/989788/candidates/new