At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT and The Times.
We also love data; with every interaction we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We are looking for a Developer In Test to provide automated test support, general QA support, as well as contribute to our testing processes. You will need a hands-on approach working closely with our design, development, data science, and partner experience teams to help define, plan and execute test cases across multiple projects and product versions.
Your role will include planning and writing tests during development and deployment of our React consumer-facing product. You will also provide manual testing to support our current QA team. You will be involved in various parts of the scrum lifecycle, from sprint planning to production release.
The person we are looking for...
You will have experience of implementing automated testing frameworks, as well as having deployed them to CI servers, maintaining them along the way. We want to improve the visibility of potential issues in all our systems, to attain more confidence in regression, releases and ongoing service.
Fundamentally we want someone who is smart and can get stuff done, it may sound clichéd but we would much prefer to hire someone who is talented and allow them to train and gain experience, than to hire someone with all the points checked off but who has the wrong attitude.
If you are willing (and more importantly, wanting) to learn and get on with being a part of a growing team, and are excited about helping us to maintain and improve the quality of the excellent work we do then we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for..
- Working with developers and support teams to devise test strategies and asses risk and impact of changes
- Writing and executing tests across various iterations of the product
- Assisting the QA and development team in the identification of test cases
- Designing and prioritise tests to create the best coverage and business value
- Creating and maintaining mock services
- Tracking and monitoring pre-prod and prod system performance to provide early warning of potential issues
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of JS and its libraries - we use React and NodeJs
- Test suite development (demonstrably) - we use Cypress
- Experience of developing framework and tools to streamline processes, development and QA tasks
- Experience of various testing frameworks, e.g. TDD.
- CI experience - we use Jenkins
- The usual support tools - git, Jira, Google suite
- Pin-point attention to detail. Ability to find problems and root causes. You want to break stuff and help fix it
- Robust understanding of web-based technologies and testing web applications
- A desire to constantly improve your knowledge and experience
- Confidence to provide constructive criticism and feedback
- A hunger to ask questions - for your own knowledge, and to challenge assumptions
Bonus points for
- Experience of working with Agile project management methods such as Scrum
- General QA and testing experience
- Knowledge of the ISTQB framework or similar
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. Our flexible workspaces mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to tea clubs and volleyball
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and free eye tests
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
To apply, please upload your CV with a cover letter detailing why you would be great for the role and why you want to work at 15gifts!
** No Agencies **