At Responsible Travel we are an activist travel company helping to connect our customers with amazing, responsible travel partners around the world who demonstrate the win:win of responsible tourism, where local communities, wildlife and the environment benefit as well as our customers who have an even better holiday as a result. We also aim to be a catalyst for positive change in the tourism industry.
We are the world's largest online travel company specialising in responsible tourism with over 6,000 holidays, run by 420 holiday companies (our members), across 190 countries. Every trip on our site is screened for its commitment to responsible tourism.
In addition, we are an online publisher, publishing over 675 travel guides and articles. Our company has been around since 2001 and has grown rapidly in 2017-2018 and we aim to expand further in 2019-2020 with this role in our expanding Travel Team.
The position of Travel Team Specialist is one that focuses on providing our customers with excellent customer service. Our aim is that every customer leaves us feeling that they've dealt with someone who really cares about them and their travel experience and has delivered a highest standard of service.
• The role focuses on helping customers to find the right holiday company for them and your main task will be dealing with phone enquiries, and customer travel enquiries via email.
• You should possess outstanding customer service skills, work well to targets and be passionate about both travel and responsible tourism. Ability to multi task, work well under pressure and confidence in dealing with customers both via email and telephone is imperative. The ideal candidate will have travel sales and customer services background.
• This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the world's leading responsible tourism organisation and become part of our friendly and energetic Brighton team.
Key skills required:
• A love of looking after customers and getting great satisfaction in delivering really memorable customer service
• Excellent telephone manner with the ability to build rapport very quickly with customers
• Be very articulate with a good level of written and spoken English
• Sound travel knowledge and a passion for travel
• An empathy with and basic understanding of responsible tourism
• Ability to show initiative and be confident in taking on new tasks
• Ability to self-manage and prioritise
• Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and cheerful
• Driven to exceed conversion targets
• Contracted working hours are 40hours a week.
• Current weekly shifts cover opening hours between 9am and 7pm Monday – Friday and 10am – 4am Saturdays.
• Typical shifts vary between 8-4pm, 9-5pm, 10-6pm or 11-7pm Monday - Thursday, 10am -6pm Friday and 9am – 4pm Saturdays including a rotating Sunday work from home shift (approximately 1 per every 6 weeks).
• Please note that the above shifts may change in the future and may include working Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Benefits include: – being part of generous profit share scheme, the ability to take a half day a month to volunteer with a local cause that you feel passionately about, 1 or 2 full volunteering days out as a company per year , 29 days holiday rising to a max of 34 after 5 years and a staff health plan.
Please send CV and covering letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants need to be based in the UK at this time or able to live and work in the UK.
Full time applications will only be considered if you are able to work weekends and public holidays.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.