Essiell is a market leading, pioneering, independent software house and industry expert in travel money and compliance. We specialise in the provision of travel money and prepaid retail technology, and seamless anti-money laundering and customer due diligence solutions.
With over 20 years’ experience in the financial services market, we hold long-term relationships with an international client base of leading global travel operators, retailers, banks and department store
Essiell are looking for a UI-focused developer to help us build the next generation of our fintech platforms. As well as our established core platform we are building a new set of services to support the ever increasing regulatory requirements imposed on businesses. We see this as an exciting addition to our traditional POS application. To get there we need someone who can build and extend user interfaces delivered via a browser, talking to our back-end services for the business operations.
In reality we are looking for someone who can build good web-based interfaces, understand how software fits in with a business' operation, and can deal with moving or rewriting our older tools to use more modern frameworks and environments. You will have a couple or more years commercial experience building web applications with a modern framework but understand the nuts and bolts of web development enough to deal with legacy applications that might not be using such modern tools.
To qualify you will need:
- experience with a UI framework library like React or Angular;
- a good working knowledge of the technologies involved in delivering web applications from the bottom up;
- the skills to communicate with staff and clients to make sure that you understand requirements and describe what you are building.
You will find it beneficial to have:
- practice of secure coding, previous exposure to PCI-DSS and OWASP awareness;
- a good working knowledge of other languages we use, principally Python and PHP;
- awareness of commercial and product impacts arising from requirements and your decisions;
- the ability to work anywhere in the full stack of a complex web application;
- experience in customer-facing discussions for requirements gathering and problem resolution;
- a wide knowledge of development tools, practices and technology.
When you join you will likely find your way around the existing codebase by working on some self-contained features that the product group and head of development define. Once comfortable in the environment you will pursue multiple tracks which include modernising our code base and progressing our strategy of building modern replacements for our existing legacy application.
We are expecting this role to lead to a more senior position where you will be responsible for designing complete solutions to clients' and Essiell's requirements and defining tasks for other team members to fulfil these requirements.
This is a good time to join the company as we use our considerable experience in fintech to build new platforms for clients needing new solutions to cope with their regulatory obligations.
In addition to these opportunities you will get:
- a salary between £35,000 and £40,000, depending on experience;
- 25 days paid holiday;
- flexible working hours;
- contributory pension;
- support for schemes like Childcare vouchers
Essiell is based in offices overlooking Brighton’s Preston Park. Three train stations are within 15 minutes’ walk and bus services are a couple of minutes away.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Design and analytical skills to turn client requirements in to deliverable code;
The ability to communicate effectively with your colleagues;
A drive to improve yourself, Ultrapos, and your working environment
A methodical approach to fault-finding;
A wide knowledge of development tools, practices and technology.