Digital Product & Channel Manager
We’re proud to be an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being, and although these roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Recruiting from the widest possible pool of talent, we assess every potential employee against our four key behaviours – Integrity, Inclusion, Inspiration and Impact. We make sure that our workforce is a true reflection of our communities and customers. Their unique perspectives not only give us a better understanding of customers from all walks of life, but bring fresh ideas too.
We’re looking for a Digital Product & Channel Manager, to join our Brighton based digital community, to lead the definition of product roadmaps that underpins the customer experience and performance of EDF Energy’s digital service and sales channels.
You’ll manage a community of Product Managers and are accountable for designing effective strategic and operational activities for EDF Energy’s Residential, SME and I&C customers. You’ll have accountability for managing and influencing the channel mix of EDF Energy’s customer channels that create value, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction. You’ll also be accountable for experience design and collaborate to deliver a programme of continuous product improvement to meet EDF Energy’s digital ambitions.
This opportunity is a strategic and operational role and you’ll be the key decision maker for delivering the customer journey roadmap, and ensuring self-serve and assisted service channels supporting EDF Energy’s digital-led evolution.
You’ll be responsible for using data and insight to provide an effective customer-centric capability. This is a strategic position in EDF Energy’s Customers Digital team expected to realise £multi-million benefits to the business.
Join us! Digital is already our principal customer contact channel, and we aim to continue to grow digital’s volume, breadth and quality in line with our ambition to place customers at the centre of all our activity and strategy.
Day to Day:
- Manage the internal and third-party partnerships that fulfil the target channel mix - including MyAccount, mobile app, Live Chat, asynchronous messaging and chatbots and drive future-facing capabilities to mature these areas further.
- Develop and lead implementation of recommendations to increase the ROI across the change pipeline, delivering both short-term operational activity and a long-term vision for the customer experience and channel mix.
- Take a leading role in embedding digital and process best practice, communicating all forms of insight information to stakeholders and drive continuous improvement in channel planning, execution and reporting.
- Manage & influence relationships with internal customers to prioritise and manage channels that drive key business measures, taking ownership of planning, execution and measurement of relevant optimisation activity.
- Extensive experience of working in a digital team for a major consumer brand or agency.
- Education to degree standard, or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment
- Commercial track record in product management, and developing effective digital customer experiences.
- Significant experience of defining, building and delivering across the digital design and development lifecycle to meet an investment strategy within a complex consumer environment.
- Ideally professional qualification in service design, eService, ecommerce, marketing, analytics, technical or other digital-related disciplines.
Please click here to apply: https://careers.edfenergy.com/job/Hove-Product-&-Channel-Manager%2C-Cust-Journeys/544784301/SR
You’ll be a cross-channel customer-centric product professional, with demonstrable experience in defining and managing roadmaps through to the point of delivery, whilst managing multiple stakeholders and customer contact strategies. You’ll have extensive product management experience gained while working for a major consumer brand or agency. You’ll be highly numerate and can combine strategic vision and operational skills to define, develop and deliver customer and business benefits.
You’ll have strong collaboration and leadership skills that inspire team performance and a culture of continuous improvement, as well as an ability to positively influence other aspects of the business outside the core role remit. You’ll demonstrable experience for tracking operational performance – conversion rates, channels mix and targeting, defining and managing systemised process improvements within large organisations.
You’ll be familiar with principles and processes associated with generating visits, engagement, retention, customer development and other key sales and service objectives. You’ll have a strong sense for cost and resource options for all channel structures, development methodologies and technological requirements.