At the heart of getting medicines to those who need them.
Parexel is in the business of improving the world’s health. We do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do.
Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts and in Durham, North Carolina, and supporting clients in more than 100 countries, our almost 20,000 employees are united by one simple fact. We care. We’re not just the people with brains, we’re the people with heart.
Parexel is in the business of improving the world’s health. We do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do. We believe in our values; Patients First, Quality, Respect, Empowerment & Accountability.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Media Specialist. This role will be based at our new Medical Communications office in Littlehampton, which is near to the train station as well as the town centre and has the feel of an innovative and collaborative medial communications agency.
You would work and be part of our successful Digital Engagement group and report into an Account Manager and operate within a small and highly collaborative team.
As the Digital Media Specialist you will manage digital projects within the Digital team. You will be responsible for the delivery of effective Digital projects (internal and/or external) and day-to-day project management of assigned projects, working closely with all members of the delivery team across departments, across different business units and external client teams. You will also support the Digital Account Manager with business development opportunities where necessary.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including ability to prioritize work and define steps needed to achieve specified project tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and personal time management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat) – advanced level for Excel and intermediate for other applications. Experience with project management systems would be desirable
- A confident self-starter who is capable of knowing how best to action/respond to specific requests and information received from a variety of external and internal sources
- Client focused approach to work
- General knowledge or sound awareness of the technical/Digital space
- Ability to relate to key client account stakeholders in a professional fashion
- Sound understanding of financial processes
- Flexible attitude to work assignments, new learning, and working within new systems
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment
- Teamwork, collaboration and mentoring skills
- Ability to suggest improvements, take ownership and provide solutions
- Proactive project management skills
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous relevant Digital Media experience in either an operational or project management role is desirable. Experience acting as either project support or project lead on digital media projects would be considered.
- Possess the ability to effectively manage, support and lead digital projects, this could include website development, video production and social media channels so previous experience in these areas is desirable.
- Ideally you would have worked in a digital role previously or have a personal interest in digital platforms, technology and video.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive base salary, bonus and a benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, a strong contributory pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, private medical and dental cover as well as other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Project Planning and Delivery
- Serve as key internal and external point of contact regarding digital project status ensuring proactive communication
- Ensure project delivery timelines/deliverable expectations are met managing/tracking external supplier resources
- Support Account Manager in establishing project and external supplier management processes and quality assessments
- Liaison with internal account team stakeholders and support services. Specific project scoping, budgeting and project oversight/tracking/financials
- Project related liaison with external pharmaceutical clients as well as internal business units
- Assist Account Manager in sourcing/validation of new outsource digital technology partners
- Assist Account Manager with project tracking/input and maintenance
- Assist Account Manager with front end of business proposal development, arranging meetings/telecons
- Undertake the management of assigned projects according to agreed internal and client processes
- Assist Account Manager with tracking team financials, maintain appropriate tracking systems
- Specific project scoping, project oversight and tracking
- Where requested provide input to the budgeting process, liaising with all relevant parties to help create an appropriate client budget
- Understand the budget specifications for all assigned projects. Work within the budgeted hours and communicate any changes in scope to the Account Manager
- Provide input to help support the Account Manager with budget revisions and reconciliations to ensure budget accuracy
- Liaise with suppliers to co-ordinate tasks from start through to completion and work within supplier-specific systems, as required
- Provide clear and concise direction to suppliers, with an emphasis on attention to detail, to ensure first-time quality
- Proactively identify efficiencies in supplier/project process and flag as needed
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced manner
- Provide informed support, when necessary, to any of the other key service lines within (Meetings & Events, Clinical Communications, Creative Design, Studio, Production) and support to Account teams
- Proactively seek and refine new and innovative approaches, solutions and opportunities to improve project efficiency, results or team performance
- BSc Degree in Digital Media or equivalent experience within a similar industry and/or role is preferred although not essential