GBvi is a small, growing company specialised in projection display technology and is a world leader in optical blending.
At GBvi we continually introduce new products and related services to sell through display integrators into Simulation & Training, Entertainment, Museums, Gaming and other industries.
Our customers are large, global companies who supply simulators for planes, jets, ships, helicopters, education and entertainment - in the past we've worked with Planetaria and Dark Theme Rides.
GBVI is looking for a talented Engineer to join the team working on projection display systems in applications such as military flight sims, planetaria and theme park dark rides.
- Are you interested in the complexities involved in making a simulated visual experience perfect?
- Could your skills be used to help our customers achieve a great experience in the world of flight simulators and planetaria?
This role is envisaged to include significant contribution to “how the company works” through participation in R&D, project engineering, product development and process introductions – and getting products out of the door.
GENERAL ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To lead deliverable optical blending and related projects through from inception to completion, including primary responsibilities of:
- Blending system design – involving projection display analysis and recommendation of improvements as required
- Manage project schedule, procurement and logistics
- As required/agreed with the customer, visit site to install / train / hand over GBVI Chronos optical blending and related hardware
- Prepare customer proposals and quotations
- Perform key projection and related testing, both in-house and on-site, to characterize opto-mechanical systems and devise deliverable solutions
RELATED ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO;
- In-house manufacturing, build and configuration of deliverable hardware
- Contributing to product developments; feedback from projects, proposing new ideas for products, tools (software or hardware)
- Contributing to company development for growth
- Training other staff (and customers if appropriate) in the use of GBVI products and software tools
- Preparation of demonstrations, in-house, on-site and at trade shows, including international travel, sometimes at short notice.
ANTICIPATED TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- GBvi design & manufacturing processes and tools
- GBvi Health & Safety procedures and policies
- Multi-channel projection system set-up to high standards
- Strong grasp of physics and geometry relevant to 3D environments (real and virtual)
- Strong awareness of virtual environment concepts in visualization and display system applications
- Ability to learn and apply oneself to new areas, including those related to real-time visual environments
- Fluency in office software (e.g., MS Office / Google docs) – spreadsheets, word-processing, presentations
- Good interpersonal skills – confidence, positivity, communication, teamwork, problem-solving, time management, managing pressure, flexibility, work ethic
- Experience working with CAD, specifically Autodesk Fusion360, Trimble Sketchup
- IT skills – PC configuration, use of apps
- Programming in C#/NET, Microsoft WPF
- Use of image processing tools such as Fiji / ImageJ
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BSc (Hons) equivalent or higher in a relevant engineering and/or software discipline
- Or HNC equivalent plus relevant experience
- GCSEs or equivalent in Maths and English.
We are a growing company, so we're looking for employees to grow with us. We provide on the job training from industry experts and external training where required. We trust our employees to do their job, pay fairly and give bonuses where required. Our employees travel globally and applicants with the right credentials may also travel with us.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Subject Line: Systems Engineer
Attention: Geoff Blackham