- TrustedHousesitters Ltd
- Brighton and Hove
- 30,000 - 60,000
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
We’re TrustedHousesitters, the online platform connecting a caring community of home and pet owners with sitters around the world. Joining for one annual fee, our members connect to exchange home and pet care for a place to stay. It’s a money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while the sitters care pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
In the last few years, we’ve achieved a lot. Consistently achieving high year-on-year growth, we’ve doubled from 25 employees to a team of over 50. We’ve moved to our fifth shiny new office based in SPACES, a co-working space in the heart of Brighton. We’ve recently announced funding to help continuously improve our platform, won lots of awards, including Amazon’s Growing Business Award. We have built a strong team culture and are supportive of flexible working.
Despite our rapid growth, our ethos remains the same. We aspire to transform the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team are united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our members and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets. We never lose sight of what makes TrustedHousesitters, trusted. We care hugely about our reputation, we have more five-star reviews on TrustPilot than any other travel or pet company globally.
We're looking for a talented Platform Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You'll work in a cross-functional team, working on all areas of our platform, including our core API layer, 3rd party provider integrations, CI/CD tooling, and service monitoring systems.
As an Engineering team, we are solving exciting scalability challenges to support a fast-growing platform. We believe in autonomy and our teams and individuals are empowered to make decisions. We value continuous improvement through code reviews, retrospectives and providing opportunities for personal growth and learning.
- Strong (5 years+) knowledge of Python
- Considerable experience with Django and Django Rest Framework, ideally at scale
- Sound knowledge of API design and best practices
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: design, testing, deployment and version control
- You're focused on quality and enjoy/expect code reviews, and unit testing
- DevOps experience in an AWS hosting environment
- Experience in configuring and managing system/infrastructure monitoring tools
- Experience of Docker
- Experience of creating/maintaining CI/CD pipelines and processes
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum/Lean/Kanban environment.
- Exposure to working on data-intensive applications
TrustedHousesitters will not accept agency resumes, please refrain from sending prospective candidate resumes to employees of TrustedHousesitters.
Please apply using this link:
Don't forget to send a covering letter telling us why this is the perfect job for you and why you'd like to work at TrustedHousesitters.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are keen to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.
- You’re eager to learn new things and excited by problem-solving
- You're a caring individual who gets what we do and why we do it
- You’re a great communicator and team player
- Most of all you want to work for a business that is trying to bring about positive change in people's lives!