HolidayTaxis Group is a Ground Transportation Travel Technology company based in Brighton. We made travel easier for millions of customers in 2018/19 - transferring them from the airport to their hotel. Our pre-booked transfer products include private taxis, limos and mini-buses; shared shuttles; helicopters and water taxis.
There are 140 of us working at our Brighton HQ which is a stone’s throw from the sea front and Brighton Pier. Holiday Taxis is a strong people and customer centric organisation with clear vision and values. Operating since 2002 the company continues to go from strength to strength
We are looking for an experienced development team leader to join our expanding team and help deliver our roadmap of highly-scalable services. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will lead and manage a team of highly skilled travel technologists to implement high-quality technical solutions to business problems. You will work with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, plan the work required to develop their products and ensure that projects are delivered to agreed plan
Our bread and butter is APIs (developing our own and implementing partners’) but we have several front-end systems as well (both consumer and business focused).
We work mostly in PHP but are more interested in using the right tool for the right job. Our wider tech stack includes: MS SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Redis, Linux, RabbitMQ and Gearman. We make use of a large number of AWS services (EC2, DynamoDB, SNS, CloudFormation, to name a few), use Git + GitHub for source control and our future roadmap includes Docker and Kubernetes.
Have 5+ years software development experience.
• Have 2+ years Technical Project Manager, Development Team Lead, Scrum Master or similar experience.
• Technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
• Can demonstrate knowledge and experience in several areas of our stack.
• Enjoy and have experience of leading a team and/or mentoring other developers.
• Have a strong background in delivering successful products or systems.
• Have strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork and collaboration.
• Can communicate complex technical concepts and subjects to non-technical people in an understandable way.
• Are comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• Are highly organised with strong prioritisation and problem solving skills.
• Have worked in a Scrum/agile environment.
• Write high quality, SOLID code and think about performance, scale, re-use, company growth and solution elegance when developing.
• Have a DevOps mindset, particularly around automation.
• Are comfortable on the Linux command-line and hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
• Have the initiative and drive to research, learn and promote new technologies and best practises; and are able to apply these to projects and business needs.
Send your CV to email@example.com
Own the development roadmap for one or more IT products, and plan and deliver both incremental and larger improvements to those products within agreed timeframes.
• Develop project plans, resource your projects and manage them through to successful delivery. Manage resource planning and infrastructure implications.
• Engage with business stakeholders to understand business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
• Effectively communicate proposed solutions and any trade-offs to stakeholders.
• Lead and manage your team in designing, building and delivering successful technical solutions for business problems.
• Produce technical specifications for larger changes when appropriate.
• Own and refine the development backlogs for products and ensure all tickets meet the Definitions of Ready and Done.
• Organise and lead your team’s refinement sessions, sprint planning, daily stand ups and sprint retrospectives.
• Be responsible for ensuring your team consistently delivers their sprint objectives.
• Ensure your projects are resourced appropriately and manage any dependencies with other development teams.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by conducting regular code reviews and ensuring documentation and automated tests are written/updated.
• Manage, coach and mentor your team; identifying and supporting their technology career growth and HR needs.
• Develop relationships with business stakeholders and ensure clear and suitably regular communication is maintained.
• Help develop and implement the technical architecture and roadmap in collaboration with the Software Development Manager and other Technical Team Leads.