We're looking for an entrepreneurial individual with a growth mindset to create and implement sales and marketing strategies at an exciting publishing startup.
Ampersand is disrupting what reading means today and reconnecting people with real books and real experiences. Welcome to the reading revolution.
The challenge: people today want to read but CAN'T. Social media, Netflix, too much choice (Amazon) – reading RN is a challenge. We create products and experiences with books at their heart – updated for the context of today’s time and attention-poor consumer.
We're making people fall back in love with books and making reading truly relevant in 2019.
ABOUT THE ROLE
So far - shocker - we haven't done any marketing, or even had a sales strategy. Growth has been organic - and primarily down to word of mouth, and to our products being featured in the media. We're looking for someone to build customer acquisition and retention channels across our brands, create exciting new marketing concepts, and create, execute and optimise campaigns across our channels.
You'll understand social, search and PPC, as well as content and offline channels - and how each works within the customer lifecycle. At present, all of our products are consumer-facing, but with new brands in the pipeline, we're looking for someone who loves to pitch to corporates, and seek out new markets. You'll need outstanding communication skills, and feel confident talking about and marketing each of our brands.
EXTRA BONUS QUESTION
Desert island book, meal and cocktail?
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV, cover letter and details of applicable experience and $ expectations. Bonus question: tell us three things you'd do in the first month which would have a tangible impact on our numbers.
* Experience in digital and non-digital marketing
* An analytical eye and an ability to track, analyse and evolve strategy - and know the numbers
* Experience of developing new business strategies, and pitching to corporates
* A feel for brand marketing, creative and content
* An understanding of the importance of prioritising, iterating and learning through doing
* A 'can-do' problem solver, able to deal with challenges and changes
* A keen learner with a real interest in growth marketing and disruptive strategies
* Autonomous, independent, entrepreneurial working style
* Energy, ambition and passion for what you do - and a sense of humour
Salary? Competitive - and open to including commission and/or equity depending on the individual. Fun stuff? Yes, definitely - drinks, activities, books, events. Holiday, pension at all that? Obviously. Training and personal development? Yes, of course. Work life balance? We're all about that. Our offices are in Hove (an hour from London on the train), but we're happy for you to work remotely part of the time.