Principal Consultant / Senior Account Director
Man Bites Dog is a multi-award-winning consultancy with global reach. We create campaigns that champion intelligent companies. We are B2B marketing experts who develop big ideas and make them travel, positioning our clients as the go-to experts in their field. We pride ourselves on our ability to tell clear stories in a complex world. Using bespoke research, we unearth the new issues that matter, and activate strategic marketing to give our clients competitive advantage.
From mapping the scale and impact of future talent shortages to ranking cities according to their sustainability, our original content engages the C-Suite and changes the conversation.
Man Bites Dog offers an end-to-end service that has real business and economic impact. Our signature thinking drives marketing, public relations and business development in order to build reputation, deepen relationships and generate revenue for our clients.
We’re far from a traditional corporate agency. We dare to be different in how we do business and the kind of work we do. There’s no creative or commercial challenge too big for Man Bites Dog.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Consultant / Senior Account Director to join our growing team in Brighton.
Our Prinicpal Consultants are passionate PR and B2B marketing leaders who use their business and industry expertise, strong media relationships and excellent project management skills to produce brilliant campaigns. You will generate original ideas and strategy, help win new business and leverage outstanding communication skills to help clients reach their potential.
- Ideas and strategy: Leading ideas generation, creating integrated PR and marketing campaigns and offering strategic direction.
- Strategic campaign management: Using your knowledge of data and research methods to ensure each campaign that you deliver provides original insights with strong media value, while also speaking to the unique proposition of your clients.
- Client relations and management: Acting as a trouble shooter with overall responsibility for client activity. Building internal relationships and leading strategic organic growth.
- New business and profitability: Focusing on profitability, strategic organic growth, proactive lead generation, contracts and attending senior level networking events. Overall responsibility for service levels, resourcing and fee forecasting.
- Copywriting: Giving final sign-off on all team copywriting, writing heavy-weight whitepapers and creating strategic plans and proposals.
- Crisis communications: Leading on crises and issues.
- People management: Managing account teams and training, mentoring and supporting staff.
- Ad-hoc: Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruit:
- A business enthusiast with significant experience in B2B marketing communications.
- A PR and marketing expert with an excellent knowledge of the global news agenda and strong media & influencer relations skills.
- An industry and sector expert - solid understanding of business audiences that our clients target, from SMEs to global corporates.
- An outstanding communicator - written and verbal.
- An exceptional consultant able to maintain and grow client relationships.
- A strategic thinker able to design and deliver complex campaigns.
- A creative genius that can craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- A top-notch project manager able to work to objectives, targets, deadlines and deliver results.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver who can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- An excellent track record in winning new business – able to grow existing clients and identify and win new ones.
- An inspiring leader who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- Strong commercial acumen – first-rate financial planning and reporting with the ability to set and work to budget and monitor profitability.
It’s the depth of the partnerships with clients in this position which is so important. We work with leading researchers and economic analysts to put substance behind our campaigns, so any examples of this type of experience would be great too. We’re looking for someone with the right blend of strategic thinking and hands-on delivery, who can drive business development and can work in a fast-moving consultancy environment. The right candidate will have great working relationships with our partners and clients and needs to be excellent with client and commercial management.
Check out our Instagram account to keep up to date on our latest adventures.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
We need a commercially minded, seriously smart and experienced professional who can work with us to drive growth, innovation and excellence.