IT Support Technician
- Windlesham House School
- Washington, West Sussex
- up to £25,000 pa depending on experience
- IT Support
- Contract Type
Windlesham House School, set in 60 acres on the West Sussex South Downs, is one of the country’s leading IAPS co-educational day & boarding prep schools for children aged 4 to 13.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
The successful candidate will act as the first line of support for Staff, Teachers and Pupils in the School. During non-term-time, to work alongside the Director of ICT in supporting the Systems Infrastructure.
• To provide some 2nd level support as required
• To set up and provide technical assistance for Audio-Visual requirements
As ICT Support Technician
a) Key Responsibilities
• Administer and troubleshoot the Active Directory 2008/12 Domain in relation to User Accounts, Group Policy, Print Management and other related Network requirements
• Supporting and troubleshooting Office 365 for users
• Provide software support for all Users within the School, such as:
o Microsoft Office Suite (2016, 2019 and 365) including Outlook
o Adobe Creative Cloud
o Sage (Accounting & Payroll software)
o Google Suite
• Support and troubleshoot the classroom TV’s in the School on behalf of Teachers
• Maintain, replace and troubleshoot the third-party managed photocopying systems across the School
o 1st line maintenance of the photocopiers
o Maintain, provision new Users and support Papercut, the School’s printing management system
o Order and replace Toner regularly as required across the School
o Ensure continuation of service across our printing network
• Install, diagnose and troubleshoot the School’s wide provision of Desktop workstations for Staff and Pupils on a Windows 10 operating system in relation to a domain environment
• To support the School’s laptops and regular maintain/service them
• Regular checks of the ICT Rooms to ensure systems are working and set up for classes
• Assist staff with daily requests across the following:
o Remote Access to the School network
o Use of desktop workstations and software
o Various iPAD applications and systems utilised for teaching at all levels
o Basic iSAMS support (School’s Database)
• Support and troubleshoot any issues with regards to the Wireless AP’s and network
• Support the internal Proxy and Traffic filters with regards to daily access
• To liaise with the School’s external support company on Infrastructure related matters.
• Undertake any necessary training identified with the Director of ICT
• Comply with health and safety regulations.
• Comply with the policies and procedures set out in the Staff Handbook.
Any other duties that may be required from time to time commensurate with the grade of the job.
• Hours of work
The normal hours of work are 8.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday. However you agree to work such hours as shall be necessary in the reasonable opinion of the School to properly discharge your duties.
Ability to think and plan strategically
Excellent communication skills
Excellent organisational skills, able to remain calm under pressure and to work to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities
For an applicaion form or further information please contact Nikki Hovell
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01903 874707
Qualifications & Experience
• HND or Diploma in Computing and/or relevant industry experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016
• Knowledge of managing iOS devices
• Knowledge of OS X and any provisioning or MDM experience an advantage
• Knowledge of any/all of the following:
o Active Directory
o Office 2016+ suite
o Office 365
• Knowledge of basic networking. Any or all of the following:
o Firewalls/Port Forwarding
o Proxy servers
• Expert problem-solving and analytical skills, able to determine the impact of an issue quickly to prioritise further work.
• Experience in the Education sector is desirable, but not essential
• Experience of working in a prior technical role, 1st/2nd line support and liaising with different stakeholders regularly
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• A flexible individual.
• Works well in a team environment.
o Ability to think and plan strategically
o Excellent written and spoken English, with the ability to communicate clearly
o Excellent organisational skills, able to remain calm under pressure and to work to tight deadlines, managing competing priorities
o Good working knowledge of computing and methods in which to approach various ICT tasks
o Good working knowledge of firewalls, security software and internet technologies