Launched in 2009, BrightLocal has grown its local marketing tools from strength to strength in the decade since. Our customers range from small-to-medium-sized businesses and SEO agencies to large enterprises such as Paddy Power, IKEA and wagamama.
We’re a marketing-driven business. 90% of leads coming through inbound marketing, so effective marketing is essential to our growth. We are well-known for our ability to communicate important industry news in a timely and insightful fashion, alongside our established research pieces and educational content.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining BrightLocal; we only recently moved into our upgraded new digs opposite Brighton Dome and company growth is continuous. It’s also a great time to be joining a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) or technology company, too, as knowledge and skills developed here are hugely useful in this growing industry.
We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success, and offer regular training and conference opportunities. Having fun is a big part of our company culture, too! We regularly organise social events, which can include everything from skydiving and sailing to escape rooms and scavenger hunts.
About this role
The Content & Community Manager is an expanded role in our marketing team. We are looking for a versatile, skilled and enthusiastic marketer to drive community engagement with our brand and content.
The local SEO community is rife with conversation, opinions and knowledge sharing across social media and on dedicated forums, but we want to be a bigger part of it!
In this role, you'll take full ownership of driving engagement with this community, which includes BrightLocal customers, local SEO professionals and industry influencers. You’ll be encouraged to be creative and innovative with how you approach the role, as we don’t want to be just like everyone else in the industry!
You'll play a key part in creating our content, too, supporting the team to help write content that delights our customers and widens our audience. You will also help to source, proofread and publish content from the expert contributors within the local search community, and use their insights to create articles reacting to industry news.
Above all else, it's vital that you're proactive and are ready to become a recognized face of our business within the thriving local search community.
Roles and responsibilities
Social Media and Community
Amplifying our content and campaigns through social media and finding creative formats to help drive engagement.
Monitoring brand mentions on social media and forums, and representing BrightLocal thoughtfully and creatively.
Devising and implementing ad hoc social media campaigns to support webinars and product launches (including helping to manage paid social activity where required).
Monitoring industry news and helping us jump on opportunities to create fresh news content or add value to conversations.
Producing short-form blog content in response to big news events, with a quick turnaround.
Proofreading, editing and uploading guest contributions in line with BrightLocal’s editorial guidelines and tone of voice, with a view to taking on the management of guest bloggers over time.
Identifying opportunities for BrightLocal to guest blog on external sites, and reaching out to online publications for links to relevant BrightLocal content.
Using standard SEO processes to optimise content for relevant keywords and behaviours.
- 2+ years’ community management and/or social media marketing within a business or digital marketing agency
- Proven, exceptional writing skills
- Expert communication skills (online and offline, internally and externally)
- Experience using social media management tools
- An ability to report on social media KPIs with Google Analytics or social media analytics
- The flexibility to prioritise and organise around deadlines and business needs
- An ability to research and create reactive content quickly and confidently
- An understanding of the fundamentals of SEO and an interest in the broader digital marketing industry
- Capable of working autonomously and collaboratively within a high-output marketing team
Benefits and perks:
- Performance-related bonus worth up to 20% of annual salary
- 25 days paid holiday per year + public holidays
- An extra paid day off on your birthday
- Generous training budget
- Regular team-building activities and team lunches
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Weekly massages
We use our core beliefs to guide how we work with each other and how we help our customers.
We’re looking for people who hold similar beliefs and are ready to be part of our journey.
- We believe in treating everyone as an equal and respecting their individuality
- We believe that life is too short to not enjoy work
- We believe in being kind, considerate and generous to our BrightLocal team
- We believe in being open, genuine and straightforward with everyone we work with
- We believe in being enthusiastic, passionate and proactive in everything we do
- We believe that by helping others be successful we share in their success
- We believe that every problem represents an opportunity to improve
- We believe in taking personal responsibility for everything we undertake
- We believe that doing the right thing is more important than being right
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are.
Just send your CV and covering letter explaining why you'd be great for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Personable and friendly
- Creative and communicative
- Practical and hard-working
- Professional and articulate
- Thoughtful and curious
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptable to change