Publishing & Marketing Assistant
- Unicorn Publishing Group
- Ringmer, Lewes
- On experience
- Marketing / PR, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
Unicorn Publishing Group is a leading independent publisher with three distinct imprints: Unicorn, specialising in the visual arts and cultural history; Uniform, specialising in military history; and Universe, specialising in historical fiction. Unicorn Sales & Distribution is UPG’s and its client publishers’ marketing arm, with worldwide sales and distribution operations. UPG has its corporate office in London and a production and design studio in Lewes, Sussex.
This is an opportunity for an organised, articulate and enthusiastic self-starter to join our team as the main point of contact for customers, authors and general enquiries. This position is a demanding administrative role in a small team which will allow the candidate to work across all aspects of the publishing process, liaising with publicity and marketing, sales, editorial and finance. In addition to the more traditional roles, we hope the successful applicant will also be able to help develop and administer the company's online presence and ecommerce turnover.
There will be an expectation of some out of hours working when required for launches and events usually in London.
Although this is advertised as a full-time position, we would consider a part-time role for the right candidate.
Key skills and attributes:
- An upbeat, cheerful demeanour
- Flexible approach to work and adaptability to work environment
- Ability to stay calm and professional under pressure
- Ability to multi-task on numerous tasks and projects simultaneously
- An interest in the publishing industry
Additional non-essential attributes:
- Experience in publishing and sales and/or digital marketing and SEO or university degree in relevant subject
- Understanding of image licensing and research process
- Experience of using/maintaining databases and content management systems
- Experience with Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop
- Proofreading and copywriting skills
- Previous experience of office environment/assisting at events
For more information and a complete job description please contact the office.
Please apply via email here
or in writing to:
Ryan Gearing, Unicorn Publishing Group,
Charleston Suite, Meadow Business Centre,
Old Uckfield Road, Ringmer, Lewes
The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with the ability to juggle the competing priorities and demands of a dynamic office. Excellent attention to detail and a personable and confident manner both on the phone and in person are essential as well as advanced communication and numeracy skills and computer literacy in Office programmes (Excel, Word and Outlook) along with digital fluency and a working knowledge of social media.
An academic background in art, history, graphic media or publishing would be an advantage. Experience with sales or bibliographic systems and knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO would be beneficial but not essential.
A full, clean UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle is preferable.