User Experience Specialist
About Me Learning
Me Learning is a fast-growing business with over 12 years’ experience in creating, developing, selling and maintaining a range of online training courses providing exceptional digital learning solutions. We also deliver Learning Management Systems, training consultancy, planning, development and training delivery services.
Our customers include those in the public, private and third sectors as well as individuals through our website.
Me Learning has grown over 50% in the last two years and now works with 75% of the Local Authorities in the UK, including over half of the Authorities in London. Our strategic plan is to maintain and grow our current customer base whilst also targeting new business growth in the Health and Police Sectors.
To achieve this growth ambition, we are building an agile business which maximises all our skills whether they be course design, development and production or development of our brand and growth into new and existing sectors.
About the job
This an exciting opportunity for you to become a professional User Experience Specialist in the e‑learning industry and a member of a passionate, collaborative and ambitious team.
The role will focus primarily on design and development of our new Learning Management System. You will also be a resource for our Creative Services, Digital Learning and Marketing teams in course and interaction design and website design where appropriate.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creating wireframes and prototypes which meet customer and stakeholder requirements
- Turning signed-off wireframes into high fidelity designs which adhere to brand and accessibility guidelines
- Testing interactions and interface designs once they have been implemented by developers to highlight issues and inconsistencies
- Creating engaging customer facing documents to support new features and user journeys
- Suggesting new interface, interaction and design ideas to improve our products
- Engaging with our customers and learners to gather valuable feedback on how we can improve our products and identify new potential features
- Turning customer feedback into developer-friendly user stories for developers to use as a basis for implementation
Key strengths that will help you in this role include:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of current UX best practice
- Awareness of Accessibility guidelines and compliance requirements such as WCAG 2.1
- Dynamic, self-motivated, focused and energetic person with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work on your own initiative but also as part of a team
- Ability to find imaginative solutions to customer problems
- Analytical abilities and the ability to diagnose and prioritise application issues
- Good attention to detail
- Good communicator, able to clearly articulate ideas to stakeholders
- Great writing and grammar skills
- Strong PC skills with and experience with MS Office
- Confidence to challenge existing processes and suggest new ideas
- Technically adept and not afraid to learn new tools, apps or principles
- Experience using design tools such as Figma, Marvel, Adobe XD or InVision - our current favourite is Figma
- Experience using ticketing systems such as Zendesk and / or Jira or similar would be useful
- Experience of working with a learning management system would be helpful but not a pre‑requisite
- Experience of working in an office environment in a customer support role would be beneficial
Don’t worry if some of the above is new to you - if you’re passionate about app development and usability and a good communicator at heart, that’s a great starting point and we can help you develop your skills and organically develop this role.
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
- Perkbox account
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Annual flu vaccination
- Vitality - Private Health Insurance scheme after two years of service
- Positive working culture encouraging a genuine life / work balance
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
As part of this recruitment process, Me Learning collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Me Learning is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
For more information click this link.