At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT and The Times.
We also love data; with every interaction we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and creative developer to join our fast-growing team and help bring fantastic designs to life through innovative, engaging and beautiful user interfaces.
Working directly with our experienced back-end engineers, in-house designers and clients themselves, this is an opportunity to influence the business in a highly visible role.
The person we are looking for…
- Has a passion for technology and an excellent eye for detail.
- Is eager to learn new things and excited by problem-solving.
- A great communicator and team player.
- Takes ownership over issues, big or small.
- Loves learning and taking on challenges.
- Most of all you want to work at the cutting edge of applying human physiology to online interactions.
You will be responsible for...
- Building new implementations of the decision engine across different clients, platforms, and continents.
- Building and expanding on our UI library using storybook.
- Working closely with the design & UX team to develop new product features.
- Creating UI/UX split test candidates for optimisation testing.
- Maintain and improve the existing front end codebase.
- Ensuring cross-browser compatibility of our engines across all clients.
- Diagnosing and fixing performance issues.
- Proposing and building new features for the platform.
- Input into development tools and best practices.
Skills and Experience Required
- 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design.
- Experience with Git, React, and Redux (or equivalent technologies).
- Experience with ES6 & babel.
- Experience debugging x-browser/x-device issues.
- A finger on the pulse of new and emerging front end technologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience with security measures in backend systems.
- Experience providing an accessible experience to users
- Experience implementing and working with Automated tests.
- Experience of working in an Agile development process (e.g. SCRUM).
- Experience with node.js gets bonus points but not essential.
- Experience in building UI library and design systems.
- An understanding of request proxying.
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. Our flexible workspaces mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to tea clubs and volleyball
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and free eye tests
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
To apply, please upload your CV with a cover letter detailing why you would be great for the role and why you want to work at 15gifts!
** NO AGENCIES **