Role: Frontend Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Team Lead
Futrli is business execution software, which builds confidence in the decisions that small business’ and their teams make. Futrli was created to help small businesses succeed, positively impacting families, communities and economies. We do this with a platform of products that solve small business pain; generating useful information that is interpreted into smart and beautiful workflows and recommended actions. We have a purpose, we have a vision and we have an amazing team of people helping us achieve it.
You'll have a keen eye for bringing fantastic designs to life while maintaining the structural integrity and standard of our frontend codebase. You’ll be driven to providing an excellent user experience and finding new and innovative ways of approaching design problems, working closely with our backend engineers to help define the required APIs and services you need to consume. You'll have a history of creating functional, reusable and thoroughly tested components used in a production environment.
Experience within fin-tech is a bonus but not essential - you’ll need to learn and understand foundational accounting and forecasting principles with support from your team and many across the company.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong ReactJS experience building web apps
- An understanding of automation tooling such as Webpack, Rollup, Parcel or similar
- Experience with state management tools (Redux, MobX, etc)
- Experience with design tooling such as Bulma, LESS, SASS, materialUI, etc.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: design, testing (unit in Jest/Mocha etc), deployment and version control
- Experience working within Agile Scrum/Lean/Kanban environment
- Great communication skills to collaborate across development and product
- An eagerness to learn and take on new challenges
If you have any of the following it's a great bonus, but if not you will also get the chance to work with:
- Python (bonus if you are / would like to be a full stack developer)
- Frontend scalability, performance, profiling and implementing security measures
- TDD and BDD
What does success look like?
Success takes the form of a frontend ecosystem that our engineers love contributing to. A fast, streamlined experience for both users in production and engineers in development. A consistent approach to design/modules/implementation while keeping the tech fresh, using the right tools for the job.
What we offer
- A competitive salary based upon your experience
- A highly motivated team of dedicated co-workers who love what they do and are passionate about building phenomenal products
- 25 days paid holiday
- A pension scheme
- A brand new Macbook
- An exciting and dynamic work environment
- The opportunity to grow with a visionary company
Work is where you spend the majority of your time, so we try really hard to make it a fun, fast paced, great place to work. In additional to all of our perks (flexi-time, friday drinks, casual dress code) Our newest perk… DOGS! Our Doggo calendar allows a pup at a time to bring some extra love into our days.
What each and everyone of us breathe and live - these are embedded into our culture and we look for people who share our vision.
“Get on the rocket ship” - We are on a journey of innovation and exploration, expect to be pushed to new boundaries, alongside a brilliant crew with amazing minds.
“Be more human” Futrli is made by the people within it. We all look after our crewmates. Expect to listen and be listened to, to work collaboratively, and to leave any egos at the door.
“Bring the idea” When brains collide amazing things can happen. We’re bold, we bring solutions & we give every great idea a chance. Expect to have a voice and use it, have the freedom and chance to play and bring your ideas to life.
“Own it” This is our company. We all have our part to play. Expect to be accountable, to lead by example and to have your success recognised.
Futrli is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Futrli does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Futrli employees. Futrli is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes