Role: Backend Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Lead
Futrli is business execution software, which builds confidence in the decisions that small business’ and their teams make. Futrli was created to help small businesses succeed, positively impacting families, communities and economies. We do this with a platform of products that solve small business pain; generating useful information that is interpreted into smart and beautiful workflows and recommended actions. We have a purpose, we have a vision and we have an amazing team of people helping us achieve it.
About the Role
We're looking for a talented and thorough Backend Engineer with experience across a range of frameworks and tooling. You'll work in a cross functional team, having ownership and responsibility for the contributions you make to our existing (and new!) services.
You'll have a talent for implementing proven design patterns to solve interesting problems while maintaining the structural integrity and standard of the backend codebase decided by you and the team.
You’ll be driven to provide excellent interfaces and reusable service to the internal team and external consumers while finding new and innovative ways of tackling scalability while working closely with your fellow backend/frontend engineers to help define the required API’s and services.
You'll have a history of backend experience, identify trends in technology while anticipating and bringing forward architectural change proposals to keep our technology bleeding edge.
Experience within fin-tech is a bonus but not essential - you’ll need to learn and understand foundational accounting and forecasting principles with support from your team and many across the company.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Strong experience with python frameworks (ideally Django) and API frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of Python, contemporary standards and tooling
- Sound knowledge of RESTful API design, standards and best practices
- Proven knowledge in MySQL/Postgres
- Experience of working within a micro-service architecture
- Exposure to working on data-intensive applications
- Exposure to serverless architecture
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum/Lean/Kanban environment
- Strong software engineering fundamentals: design, testing, deployment and version control
- An eagerness to learn new things and take on a challenge
If you have any of the following it's a great bonus, but if not you will also get the chance to work with:
- ReactJS (If you are or want to be a full stack developer)
- AWS and the Boto3 SDK
- Application scalability, performance, profiling and security
- TDD and BDD
What does success look like?
You’ll be regularly contributing to our backend ecosystem with functional, well tested, easy to read (and use!) interfaces/services and be a driving force for getting new features to production. You’ll be submitting ideas for how we can iterate and innovate, striving for high coverage and low bug count. You’ll be providing positive feedback through the code review process and helping junior members understand the zen of python.
What we offer
- Flexible working culture
- A highly competitive salary
- A highly motivated team of dedicated co-workers obsessed with innovative products
- Being part of a company that is shifting the way an industry thinks about its practice
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- An exciting and dynamic work environment combined with the required budget and lean processes to realise ideas quickly
- Various opportunities to develop yourself both professionally and personally
- A shiny new machine of your choosing
- Futrli swag
- Encouragement and support to take part in our vibrant creative and digital communities
Work is where you spend the majority of your time, so we try really hard to make it a fun, fast paced, great place to work. In additional to all of our perks (flexi-time, friday drinks, casual dress code) Our newest perk… DOGS! Our Doggo calendar allows a pup at a time to bring some extra love into our days
What each and everyone of us breathe and live - these are embedded into our culture and we look for people who share our vision.
“Get on the rocket ship” - We are on a journey of innovation and exploration, expect to be pushed to new boundaries, alongside a brilliant crew with amazing minds.
“Be more human” Futrli is made by the people within it. We all look after our crewmates. Expect to listen and be listened to, to work collaboratively, and to leave any egos at the door.
“Bring the idea” When brains collide amazing things can happen. We’re bold, we bring solutions & we give every great idea a chance. Expect to have a voice and use it, have the freedom and chance to play and bring your ideas to life.
“Own it” This is our company. We all have our part to play. Expect to be accountable, to lead by example and to have your success recognised.
Futrli is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Futrli does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Futrli employees. Futrli is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes