At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, BT and The Times.
We also love data; with every interaction we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
As a data analyst you will leverage our data to discover insights that guide our team and support our clients. To be successful in this role you need to be highly analytical, have a passion for data and enjoy presenting your findings in a visually compelling way. You will understand how the right data can improve decision making and directly drive growth. A natural curiosity is essential, as is a drive to get involved post-analysis to make sure your insights have been acted upon.
The person we are looking for…
- Is passionate about delivering actionable insight with integrity
- Has curiosity with a desire for continuous learning
- Will thrive working collaboratively across a number of different internal and client cross-functional teams
- Is confident enough to represent own opinions in the collaborative environment
You will be responsible for
- Utilising our data warehouse to answer questions from stakeholders
- Presenting reviews of product performance directly to clients
- Proactively seeking and communicating insights
- Designing, building and maintaining dashboards both internal and client-facing
- Developing tools that use data to catch issues early and highlight possible causes
- Being an advocate for analytical quality and data-driven decision making
- Relentlessly improving our tools and techniques for accessing and using our data
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with our team
Skills and Experience Required
- 2+ years experience applying analytics within a business environment
- Thorough working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of Python and/or R
- Capable of presenting data in a clear and engaging way to non-technical audiences
- Experience designing and building dashboards/BI tools
- A solid understanding of statistical testing and modelling techniques (desirable)
Why Choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. Our flexible workspaces mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to tea clubs and volleyball
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and free eye tests
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage
To apply, please upload your CV with a cover letter detailing why you would be great for the role and why you want to work at 15gifts!
** No Agencies **