Member Services Coordinator
Based in Brighton, we support the digital, media and technology sector across Sussex. Thousands of companies and freelancers come together to make up our regional network..
We pride ourselves on being a unique business with a wide range of support and advice services that our vibrant, creative and collaborative members can use to strengthen and grow both individual businesses and the sector in Brighton and surrounding Sussex.
Joining Wired Sussex means joining a team at the heart of this. We are professional individuals all passionate about the work we do, where we live and the digital, media and technology businesses which make up our sector. We have been called a ‘hub and initiator for the digital tech community’ however, it is the businesses we support which make the sector in Brighton what it is.
Description of Vacancy:
The most important measurement of success to Wired Sussex is that our members’ thrive and prosper. This role is central to ensuring that happens, acting as an initial point of contact for those interested in membership, those using (or having problems using) their membership and those who want to discuss elements of their membership and the Job site services we offer.
The Member Services Coordinator is usually the first person that a member talks to when they have a question or a problem (whether that is on the phone, by email or in-person), so you need to be knowledgeable, personable and efficient. Over time you will develop a detailed knowledge of what we offer our members and why, and an understanding of the make-up, needs and challenges of our membership community.
The role also means that you will often have a unique understanding of how we might improve on what we do and how we do it, so that we can support our members more effectively. Consequently, you will be encouraged to share those insights with others in the team.
Typically, you will be giving guidance and insight to members on how best to attract talent to their company, create effective job ads, promote their business, access client opportunities, find workspace, or engage with our programmes of business support (like FuseBox residencies). You will be encouraged to learn how to use proactive media (such as blog posts, newsletters, and social media) to communicate our organisation and its member services.
This is a fast paced role with real responsiblity, so it requires an ambitious, highly organised and proactive person who will want to grow with the role as our organisation moves forward into the next stage of its development.
The Member Services Coordinator will report to the Head of Member Services.
The core aspects of the role include:
- Oversee phone and email enquiries (member information, renewals, password requests, general enquiries)
- Manage our online Workspace offer
- Develop relevant content for Wired Sussex events (breakfast workshops, skills summit etc) and for online dissemination (blogs etc)
- Approve posts to our Commisions and Briefs page
- Report on membership activity - new members, renewals, leavers
- Control the jobs site administration (CV’s, password requests, enquiries, posting jobs for recruiting companies, facilitating purchases of online packages, logging issues with the jobs site provider)
- Establish, develop and maintain positive member company relationships
- Proactive outreach and sales to our Jobs site
- Advise jobseekers on using the site e.g. Signing up for alerts, where to find relevant videos etc
- Advise recruiting companies (imporving job descriptions, salary banding, extra promotional tools)
- Social Media around job postings and marketing offers
- Representing/promoting jobs site at other jobs fairs, etc.
- Drafting content for a regular newsletter about recruitment
We are looking for a self-starter to make this role their own. Whilst demonstrating the skills required we are searching for someone who is:
- Great administration and organisational skills
- Highly organised
- Engaging – personable, friendly, professional and interested
- Ambitious – looking to embrace the role and grow it
- Good at teamwork
- Confident on the phone and solutuions focused
- Comfortable working to targets
Working at Wired Sussex not only puts you at the heart of the community, right around the corner from North Laine in a creative and collaborative workspace with a friendly team, we also like to make sure everyone is happy in their workplace.
- 25 days holiday
- Professional development training programme
- Pension contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Social fund for team activities and outings