- Friends, Families and Travellers
- Central Brighton
- Web Analysis, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
We are a leading national charity that works on behalf of all Gypsies, Travellers and Roma regardless of ethnicity, culture or background. We seek to end racism and discrimination against Gypsies, Travellers and Roma and to protect the right to pursue a nomadic way of life.
Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities experience some of the greatest inequalities of any group in the UK. For example:
- Members of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities expect to live between 10 and 25 years shorter than the wider population and to spend less years of their lives in good health.
- A chronic national shortage of Gypsy and Traveller sites in England means that over 3000 families have no legal place to stop.
- In 2016/7, Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils had the lowest average score in GCSEs of any ethnic group in 2016/7.
You will be working alongside our research, policy and campaigning teams to develop strong, coherent and persuasive messaging which engages politicians, policy makers and members of the public in a conversation on how we can work together to tackle the root causes of inequalities faced by Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities.
You will need to be a confident communicator, enthusiastic about our organisation’s vision and keen to support members of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities to get their voice heard in the public realm.
- You will engage our audiences through compelling content across all our communications channels including PR, our website, blogs, video, social media and newsletters.
- You will research, write and supply communications materials in response to briefs from Communications, Policy and Campaigns colleagues.
- You will respond to press enquiries and foster relationships with journalists to ensure maximum impact in our work.
- You will attend meetings, conferences and events as required.
- You will undertake other such duties as are reasonably appropriate to the job.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities. We will consider applicants wishing to job share or who wish to take a secondment from a current role. We are an equal opportunities employer.