Data Analysis and Reporting Manager
Sightsavers is going through a digital transformation in data analytics to leverage operational insights into the reporting and decision making of the organisation and looking for a Data Analysis and Reporting Manager. Through the provision of Excel and Power BI reports to all relevant user groups within the organisation, we are increasingly engaging key stakeholders with the latest programme data from our thematic areas in eye health, social inclusion, education and neglected tropical diseases. The Data Analysis and Reporting Manager will be part of developing and integrating visual analytics and BI into routine practices which is the next step in promoting a data driven culture within the organisation.
The Data Analysis and Reporting Manager, working within the Data Analytics and Reporting Team will be responsible for ensuring that the operational and strategic decisions made by Sightsavers are driven by comprehensive, quality assured data. They will be responsible for ensuring effective practice in data management, including ownership of Sightsavers programmatic online data system (the Programme Portal) and the accurate and timely collection, analysis and reporting of programme data. They will also support the capacity building of staff across our country offices in Africa and Asia to analyse their programme data to make informed management decisions.
This position will report directly to the Head of Data Analytics and Reporting Team and line manage one direct report. They are expected to travel up to 8 weeks per year.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate level qualification or equivalent in statistics, information systems, international development, public health or any other with a core statistical/analytical component.
- Proven successful track record of working with organisational data management systems and applying data analysis/statistical techniques to data (ideally in health or international development).
- Strong understanding of the international development/not-for-profit sector, with demonstrable experience in project M&E.
- Experience with new applications and innovations for M&E e.g. mobile technologies, data analytic software, GIS etc.
- Experience producing analytical reports or communication materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Understanding of the complexities of working across multiple countries and continents in an international development organisation.
Desirable skills include:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field e.g. statistics, monitoring and evaluation, international development or public health.
- Relevant overseas experience i.e. either professional or voluntary work.
This is a varied and involved role. Please read the full job description for further details.