UI & Graphic Designer
Public-i is the leading provider of webcasting and AV solutions for the public sector. We are passionate about our products, our customers and our user experience. We are now looking for a UI & Graphic Designer to join our small, friendly team.
Working closely with our Head of Product, UX Designer and team of developers, you will be responsible for the UI design of our webcasting software and web applications, used by over 130 councils across the UK.
A typical working week would involve understanding new design requirements, sketching out a range of ideas, creating high quality finished UI designs and building interactive prototypes. We are currently deploying a design system for our products to improve quality and efficiency and a key part of your role will be to own and develop this system.
Although the main focus of this role is UI design, it will also involve designing and managing our Wordpress website and blog at www.public-i.tv, and providing graphic design and print production support to our sales, engineering and management teams.
This role would be ideal for a junior Designer who already has some commercial experience and is looking to take their next step, or a more experienced Designer who is looking to go part-time (e.g. 3 days a week).
Main Duties and Tasks
- UI design of our webcasting software, web applications and websites
- UI design of our KnowledgeBase help system and other key business tools
- Design and management of the Public-i Wordpress website
- Design of marketing and sales support materials (leaflets, exhibition stand panels, presentations, proposals etc.)
- Design and production of company and product brand assets (logos, business cards, signage, letterheads etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent UI and graphic design skills (2+ years of agency or in-house experience)
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite (particularly XD, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Good knowledge of digital prototyping tools (e.g. Axure or InVision)
- Good understanding of responsive web design and Windows UI
- Experience of working with developers in an Agile process
- Experience of managing a Wordpress website
- Experience of print design and production
- Skills in illustration, photography and video editing would be a bonus
- Professional communication skills in dealing with both clients and internal departments
- The ability to communicate your design thinking
- Time management and good organisational skills along with the ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and hit the ground running
The company will assist in the event that training is required to ensure delivery of the role is enabled.
We are an ethically minded company that values the people we work with and are focussed and committed to creating a good working environment.