Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators, employers and consumer brands to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
What does a B2B Marketing Manager at TSR do?
At The Student Room, you will play a key role in our plans for growth and making sure that current and future clients understand how our offer can help them.
You will be given the opportunity to initiate and be involved in a wide range of marketing and sales activities and be client orientated in your perspective on what works and what doesn’t work.
You will design and deliver our marketing plan including keeping our CRM up to date, designing communications collateral, implementing email campaigns and maintaining our online profile such as on LinkedIn and Twitter. You will make sure that all of our communications (email, proposals, reports, website and social) are integrated and consistent and clear, and able to work alongside TSR collateral.
Key role responsibilities
- Understand The Student Room’s commercial and organisational imperatives and develop an innovative B2B marketing strategy in line with our business, brand and commercial goals
- Design and create engaging marketing campaigns using the most effective channel mix, ensuring spend is within budget
- Review campaigns and share monthly reports showcasing opportunities and revenue generated from inbound and campaign leads
- Ideate, own and deliver a creative content marketing plan and implement a captivating automation strategy to drive quality lead generation
- Build relationships with all Sales Managers to ensure commercial needs are being supported with significant marketing activity
- Drive the B2B brand and advocate for consistency across all commercial departments
- Produce impressive sales collateral and sales support documentation and run the training of those resources
- Oversee an exciting and busy events programme including conferences, exhibitions, webinars, podcasts and more
- Management of B2B Marketing Executive and weekly meetings to manage progress and KPIs
- Be the B2B Marketing lead in strategic department projects that support commercial team objectives
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and will evolve with the ongoing needs of the company.
This will suit someone who has:
- Experience of using digital, social and direct marketing channels
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational, time planning and prioritisation skills
- Experience of using a CRM and/or MAP (marketing automation platform)
- Experience using a CMS (content management system)
- An ability to create (and proofread) compelling copy
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to embrace, adapt to change and manage a high workload
Working at The Student Room
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday day off
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- Group Life insurance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Pet friendly workplace
- Fresh fruit
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Regular social, team and charity fundraising events
The Student Room is dedicated to providing an inclusive working environment that encourages diversity and equal opportunities for all. We are committed to supporting a team that is representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
To apply for this position, please click the link below send a cover letter (including your salary expectation) and your current CV: