- XN Creations
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
We seek a highly-motivated software innovator, keen to work in a client facing and collaborative environment, who seeks a role that has the potential to grow as the company expands. Someone who wants to use their skills and imagination to solve real world problems with innovative solutions to help us support a growing portfolio of clients and projects.
XNcreations are specialists in software development for web, mobile and desktop applications as well as running a number of subscription and transaction based websites. A keen interest in cycling by our founder has led to specialisation for the sports market as well as helping a range of clients in other fields such as education and live event engagement software. Combining a creative approach with the latest technologies, we aim to deliver unique, user friendly and effective software and apply our innovation to develop full stack, intuitive applications. We help clients get new ventures off the ground as well as build and enhance those already well established.
Benefits of working for us include a forward-thinking team embracing new technology, working in the sports sector and free entries to sporting events.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be given a range of responsibilities in the field of software development that play to your skill set and fine tune your creativity.
You may be asked to take ownership of a suite of small projects on existing codebases or work collaboratively on larger projects to help achieve milestones.
- Design, implement and test our innovative products
- Develop story boards around solutions to reflect client requirements and inspire them
- Translate the client needs into functional applications through the full systems development lifecycle
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs and devise solutions to problems
- Create innovative ways to capture data and allow co-joined systems to talk to each other
- Maintain fresh ideas to help to build client loyalty
Qualifications and Skills
You will need to possess the following essential requirements:
- A passion for technology
- Hold relevant experience/qualifications and demonstrative evidence of ability
- Demonstrable experience of working with PHP (ideally MVC frameworks)
- Experience of working with databases such as MySQL
- Experience of working with Git, Bitbucket etc..
- Flexible, hard-working, open-minded and enthusiastic
- Have the ability to remain calm when under pressure
- Be forward thinking and adaptable
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks such as Laravel and CakePHP
- Understanding of code versioning and dependency management tools (Github, SVN, Composer)
- Educated to degree level