Business Development Manager
- Central Brighton
- 35-45k + uncapped target-based commission
- Sales, SEO & PPC, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
We are searching for an experienced Business Development Manager to help us secure new business that matches our company values and vision.
This is the ideal position for someone who is looking for an end-to-end sales role, encompassing all elements of pre-sales, pitching and closing new business.
You’ll work closely with our CEO, Head of Digital and Marketing Manager in the qualification and scoping of inbound leads and support our Account Management team in surfacing and securing client upsells.
We’re looking for someone that’s solution-focused, an active listener and that can quickly get to the heart of our prospects marketing problems.
The objectives of this role are to increase the value and number of our clients, engage the team in bringing on board the clients that match our values and supplement our inbound marketing activity by contributing to our pipeline via outbound sales.
In return, you’ll be joining a motivated marketing team, full of experienced specialists who’ll help you craft engaging pitches to win the clients we want. You’ll also have the chance to learn new marketing disciplines in a flexible working environment with plenty of opportunity for personal and career development.
- Sales lead qualification and keeping our CRM up to date
- All aspects of pre-sales conversations and presentations
- Creating, developing and executing the company sales strategy
- Documenting and refining all sales processes
- Providing commercial leadership within the company
- Achieving the company’s sales objectives
- Achieving the company’s new, repeat and upsell order targets
- Maintaining and communicating the sales pipeline and revenue forecasts
- Updating all sales documentation
- Ensuring all revenue is secured by legal contract
- Engaging our team in the sales process
- Responsible for outbound lead generation, including networking, generating referrals and developing partner relationships
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business development role within the marketing industry, focused on solution-based selling
- Customer-centric with first-class interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, with confidence in presenting to a wide range of marketing professionals
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite products
- Experience in configuring and managing CRM software
- Experience in using marketing software for analysis and research to help create both logical and compelling proposals
- Must be able to demonstrate achievement of sales performance targets from previous roles
- Able to exhibit a high level of attention to detail, with proven experience in producing proposals and contracts
- Ability to interpret legal terminology and work iteratively improve contracts via company lawyers
- Demonstratable evidence of having been responsible for sales strategy and processes
- Self-reliant, highly organised and results-driven
- Google Analytics certified
- Google Ads certified
- Google Digital Sales certified
- ~2 years of marketing agency experience
- Practical experience in any marketing discipline (though we’d love to find someone strong in one or more of SEO, paid media or data & analytics)
- Financially literate
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- A natural networker who enjoys relationship building
- Fluid storyteller, can easily engage an audience and leave prospects feeling motivated