The Job & About Us
Sensible Development are a small, friendly, laid back, Brighton company who develop highly scalable online (timed) & live auction websites. We have with clients in North & South America, Africa, Australia, Europe and UK wide. We regularly have auctions of high value turnover. Precision and accuracy is key. Auctions run on our platform regularly exceed turnovers of £500k and beyond.
We are seen as market leaders in the coffee sector where we have helped our clients set record breaking prices for Speciality Coffee this year. We are also specialists in the industrial machinery and asset disposal sector working with a number of clients. We have clients in the financial and fundraising sectors. We are also looking to expand in to new sectors.
We are looking for someone to help us improve the quality of our software and our product. To make sure we are always delivery auctions for high qality for our clients. We would like to help us with our first line support and problem solving as well as providing testing and quality assurance support for the team. As well as using your own skills you will be getting to know our platform and adding vital quality to the work we output to our clients.
You will see how we take ideas from a range of sources, take part in discussions on how best to turn those ideas in to reality and then help us deliver them. We work on a democratic basis and will always listen to your ideas. You will not only improve your technical and analytical skills but also learn how the commercial side of the business influences and informs the technical side.
You will be someone who is a keen technologist, who lives and breathes web development and has a natural interest is keeping up to date with the latest ideas and technologies. We are looking for someone to grow with us and develop a set of skills complementary to our products and existing team and feel that they are ready to go back to university to complete their degree with the knowledge that they are ready for work.
1. Reporting to
Product and Delivery Manager
The main priority of this role is the continued Quality Assurance of our products though extending and making recommendations for automated test scripts, implementing performance testing and carrying out manual testing to ensure successful releases.
3. Main responsibilities
- Ensure acceptance criteria are defined prior to development
- Produce test scripts for new features
- Manual testing of new features
- Development of automated test including extension of automated test to cover new features
- Creating a framework for end to end automated testing for products and their customisations using Selenium or other UX driven testing.
- Create a Continuous Integration framework and process including analysis across all products
- Ensure release readiness including review with the projects team
- Manage release candidates
- Taking support queries from 1stline support and analysing the root cause of the issue, creating a ticket and passing into the product backlog or providing work around as 2ndline support.
- Where appropriate work with our systems administrator to build testing and continuous integration frameworks
- Make recommendations on product and performance improvements
4. Key skills and experience
- At least one to two years’ experience in a QA or analysis role within a software development team
- Relevant technology degree or equivalent
- Ability to create test cases and scripts from design requirements specified
- Proven skills in problem solving of live client issues and issues with product consolidation
- Ability to manage own priorities in line with timeframes and priority of delivery
5. Key behaviours
- A passion for Quality and contributing to the quality culture within the team
- Ability to continuously develop professional and technical skills on the job
- Analytical mind set
- Logical and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Calm under pressure