Senior Communications Manager
- Run Communications
- Brighton and Hove
- £42,500 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
At Run we work with our client partners to deliver creative and memorable communications campaigns.
We connect brands with fans, drive engagement, fill stadia, sell out events and increase participation in sport.
We work with our clients to create compelling narratives and deliver integrated communications activity that maximises impact and delivers measurable results.
Some of the brands we work with include British Athletics, Lawn Tennis Association, Swim England, British Gymnastics, Super League, Marylebone Cricket Club & Lord’s and Commonwealth Games England.
Senior Communications Manager – The Role
The role of the Senior Communications Manager will be to develop and implement creative communications strategies for some of our key clients, leading campaigns which drive action and deliver measurable results.
Most campaigns will be consumer focused, typically aiming to increase participation in sport, develop brand engagement and drive footfall for major sports events.
Day to day will include:
- Strategic communications account lead - planning and delivery across some of our most prestigious client accounts
- Lead and develop senior client relationships / management
- Working with key clients to plan measurable campaigns which exceed client KPI’s and result in action
- Working with major media brands to deliver creative PR activity for our clients
- Athlete & ambassador media activity
- Creation and delivery of ‘media events’ to generate positive client profile for broadcast, online and print media
- Delivering strong National and Regional broadcast, online & print media activity
- Working with our content managers to produce and distribute creative and original content for our client digital and social channels
- Producing high quality written content for multiple platforms
- Working with Run Directors to identify and approach potential clients, and developing and presenting new business pitches
- Supporting clients in-house marketing teams
- Management of 3rd party design, film and photography agencies
- At least 5 years Consumer PR/ Communications / Sports Industry experience with at least 2 years in a senior role
- Experience of producing and distributing high impact content which drives event ticket sales and fan engagement
- Has a growing network of media contacts across broadcast, print and digital platforms
- Experience in digital communication, including a strong understanding of a range of social and digital channels
- Proven experience of managing campaign analytics and reporting campaign successes to senior stakeholders with recommendations for continuous improvement
- Excellent Project and Budget Management Skills
- Excellent understanding of the role of sponsorship within the integrated marketing planning process
- Understanding of strategic communications planning, measurement and evaluation
- Team Leadership
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
Skills and Outlook
- High level of literacy / strong writing skills
- Strong inter-personal and leadership skills
- Well organised, able to juggle multiple projects, a fast learner with strong time management skills
- Capable of planning and prioritising work to tight deadlines
- Results focused
- Calm and reassuring under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Growth Mindset
The role will be based at our offices in Brighton/Hove and alongside clients in London and across the UK.
UK travel would be a requirement of the role.
Salary: £42,500 - £50,000 depending on experience
We offer the most comprehensive health insurance policy offered by award winning provider Westfield Health
Please include a cover letter with your CV when applying for this role