Public Relations Executive / Public Relations Officer
Public Relations Executive / Public Relations Officer
About Creative Pod
Creative Pod is a unique, full-service agency based in Manor Royal, Crawley – established in 2006.
Our multi-award-winning team deliver strategic and creative campaigns which amplify your brand. Covering all aspects of design, marketing and print, we take the time to get to know your business objectives and goals.
We add exceptional value through clearly defined understanding, strategy, execution and analysis; building all campaigns under one roof. By choosing to work with us, you can benefit from a team of experienced account handlers, marketers and designers who manage client’s campaigns from start to finish.
We cherish our long-standing relationships with our clients; becoming an essential facet within their business often working alongside clients as their outsourced PR and marketing department.
After recently moving to new premised and after a sustained period of growth a PR Executive / PR Officer is needed to join a well-established, growing Marketing and Design Company in Crawley. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your marketing career.
Right from the get-go, you can expect to work with a variety of clients, key spokespeople and managers at a senior level. As a PR Executive, you’ll be responsible for promoting our fantastic clients, their ideas and their iconic projects. You will also be involved in managing and growing our social media accounts for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
As a key member of the marketing team, this role reports directly to the Head of Marketing. You will be responsible for supporting the Marketing team in the promotion of Creative Pod’s services to potential clients and will be responsible for helping to increase your client’s public presence, by creating engaging and creative campaigns. We are looking for someone with previous experience and someone who can hit the ground running, to help shape this role further. Therefore, this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take a step up in their career, with fantastic possibilities for career progression.
The successful candidate will need to be creative and highly organised with a positive attitude. Skills in Microsoft Office are essential.
- Planning, developing and implementing your own PR strategies
- Contributing to, and developing existing marketing plans and strategies
- Communicating with colleagues and key spokespeople – This will include networking and socialising with clients, the media and colleagues to build and maintain relationships.
- Outreach to editors and journalists, sourcing relevant PR opportunities for clients
- liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, often via telephone and email
- Establishing and building a network of contacts throughout the business and assist them in their media relations requirements as required for project milestones and profile-raising through thought-leadership.
- Managing the current press list and contacts through regular phone calls / meetings etc to stay abreast of upcoming opportunities
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Collating and analysing media coverage, to input into the monthly reporting process
- Writing and editing case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities
- Proactively identifying, collecting and generating and compiling ‘good news’ stories for internal and external use.
- Proactively identifying reactive opportunities in the external environment for Creative Pod and its clients to provide media response and raise its profile in the wider consumer media – broadcast and national print.
- Act as a local resource of external communications advise, expertise and guidance
- Where relevant helping to organise events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- Updating information on the organisation's and the client’s website, where relevant
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, where relevant
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
* Please note, some travel and the occasional overnight stay and weekend work are part of the role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- A self-starter, incredibly driven, high competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with pressure
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs.
We'd love to hear from you if you are/ have:
- A self-starter
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A degree (or equivalent) in one of the following areas:
- Business or management
- Communication and media studies
- English and creative writing
- Social sciences.
- Agency experience is extremely desirable
- Current relationships with press, editors and journalists
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written skills and the ability to adapt content to different audiences
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of developing relationships with journalists, selling stories and managing enquiries
- Critical thinking combined with creative mind-set
- Highly dedicated, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and go-getter attitude
- Disciplined and organised yet flexible and responsive
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape
- Great teammate. Keeps a balance between personal accountability and delivery through teamwork
- Capacity to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested, please email your CV and a covering letter to our Head of Marketing, Sarah at; firstname.lastname@example.org
- £25,000-£27,000 per annum
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Flexible working hours (upon passing probation)
- Brand new, modern offices
- Fun working environment
- 30 days holiday a year
- Birthday brunch with the CEO
- Government Pension Plan