Email Marketing Executive
- International Animal Rescue
- £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
- Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Email Marketing Executive International Animal Rescue
Title: Email Marketing Executive
Responsible to: Development Director
Location: Uckfield, East Sussex
Status: Full-Time (Initial 1 year contract)
Closing Date for applications: Friday 18 October
Be part of Team Rescue and work for a growing dynamic group of fundraisers and marketing professionals dedicated to rescuing animals from cruelty and suffering around the world.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is an award winning charity based in Uckfield, East Sussex, committed to animal welfare and conservation. At IAR we do exactly what our name says: we save animals from suffering around the world. We rescue and rehabilitate orangutans in Indonesia, release bears in Armenia from caged captivity, treat injured howler monkeys in Costa Rica and care for dancing bears in India - and so much more. Whenever we can, we release rescued animals back into the wild; and when that's not possible, we give them a safe haven for life.
We are looking for someone who can assist the small but growing fundraising and marketing team who likes to make things happen. This is a role will suit someone with specific experience in digital marketing, particularly email marketing and who is passionate about animal welfare and conservation. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
IAR is vibrant in the market place creating exciting appeals for existing supporters as well as a recruitment tool for prospective supporters. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR, who will provide support for the fundraising and marketing team to develop and increase its income, taking this vitally important work to the next level. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put Email Marketing Executive as the email subject.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
- Use Mailchimp to create, manage and deliver exceptional emails including appeals, newsletters and promotion of products.
- Create supporter journeys through email communication and maximise potential income.
- Write clear, concise and engaging copy for all email content.
- Proof read all emails for clarity, grammar and spelling.
- Use email to market the charity’s products such as adoptions, merchandise, virtual gifts and monthly giving programmes.
- Identify target audiences and continue to grow IAR’s email list of supporters.
- Manage email data list and continuously monitor to ensure that it is always up to date.
- Manage the segmentation of the charity’s email list to ensure effect and relevant information reaches the correct audience.
- Ensure email templates are suitable for all recipient platforms including mobile.
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication to minimise email unsubscribes.
- Manage email databases for lead generation i.e. identifying potential major donors.
- Analyse campaign performance and suggest improvements.
- Providing monthly insight and analytics of our email communications, providing recommendations that will optimise performance of the channel.
- Ensure all IAR emails align with industry regulation such as GDPR.
- Convert IAR’s social media followers into email recipients.
- Work to exploit opportunities to maximise potential income from email activity.
- Working as part of the Digital Team in creating exceptional digital marketing campaigns
- Work with the Development Director to plan and budget for all email marketing activity.
- Keep the charity at the forefront of new email marketing technology and trends.
- Supporting the Development Director and the Fundraising team where appropriate.
- Proven work experience of delivering email marketing campaigns (E)
- Hands on experience with Mailchimp and HTML for production of emails (E)
- An exceptional track record of producing engaging and effective emails (E)
- Experience of significantly improving open rates and click through rates for emails (E)
- Experience of increasing income from supporters/customers through email marketing (E)
- Experience of developing effective customer journeys for email supporters (E)
- Experience of using email marketing as a brand building and income generating tool (E)
- Experience of building audiences through email marketing (E)
- Experience and knowledge of email marketing best practises (D)
- Experience of segmenting email lists for testing and targeting different audiences (E)
- Experience of minimising attrition rates of email supporters (E)
- Experience of working to convert social media followers to email contacts (E)
- Experience of producing regular performance reports and analysis of all email activity (E)
- Experience of using databases and CRM systems to manage data (E)
- Understanding of current regulation with regards to GDPR (D)
- Experience of using email to communicate with international audiences particularly in US (D)
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as Google Analytics (D)
- Experience of working and being a pro-active member of a small team (D)
- A degree in Marketing or relevant field (D)
Abilities & Competencies
- Meticulous, attention to detail
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated as well as being able to work well as part of a team
- Able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with supporters
- IT literate, good administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- A creative thinker who is able to add value to a small team
- A passion for animal welfare, conservation and protection of the environment
- Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team
- Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude; desire to use initiative and seek continuous improvement.