What We Do
IMEX Group delivers two vibrant trade shows each year for the global meeting and events industry. IMEX in Frankfurt and IMEX America (Las Vegas) each attract around 15,000 participants.
Our shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between exhibitors (who include international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies and tech providers) and meeting and event planners.
Every show also features professional, free education and numerous networking and co-located events run by our global partner network. This means our IMEX shows have become must-attend events for anyone working in the meeting and events industry.
- Based within the Marcomms team of 12 the core elements of the role will be:
- Plan and execute English language marketing campaigns for both IMEX in Frankfurt and IMEX America.
- Negotiation and fulfilment of all media partnerships.
- Produce all exhibitor communications for IMEX Group.
- Actively contribute ideas and action to our innovative and ever evolving marketing strategy.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Fully integrated, multi-channel visitor acquisition and retention campaigns – You’ll be creating: email marketing including email automation (Adestra), print ads, newsletters, advertorials, landing pages (unbounce), interactive brochures (Brochure), internal publications, web pages (Drupal) digitalmarketing (AdWords, Feathr), social media and original content marketing pieces such blogs.
Media partnership management (with administrative support) - including negotiation, contracting, fulfilment of over 50 partners to ensure a strong global presence for your campaigns in the meetings and events industry media.
Exhibitor marketing materials – You will act as the internal lead for the Sales team and will produce and distribute all exhibitor collateral including: Sales brochures, sponsorship proposals, in depth guides to success, multiple action and newsletter style emails. You will have regular meetings with the Sales Director and contribute to the client communications strategy vital to the business.
Agency liaison – Supporting senior marcomms team members by liaising with a US based communications agency and UK PR agency.
Sub campaigns for events within IMEX trade shows. Including the association buyer segments and networking events.
Insights and Data – Create, distribute and analyse post show surveys, statistics and demographics information for marcomms and the wider IMEX team.
- 3-5 years marketing campaign management experience is required
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Proven digital marketing experience
- Experience of partnership marketing and producing sales materials would be beneficial
- Good team player who is approachable to both internal and external clients
- Openness to explore and adopt new technologies
- Flexible and mature approach
- Keen attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task and use own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Language skills (especially German) would be valued but not essential
Lead by a young, pioneering CEO, Quality, Inspiration and Collaboration are the company values that underpin everything we do. Our “organising principle” is The Family Table which describes the spirit of our leadership team and our 60+ employees. In short, everyone has a place. Everyone has a voice.
Our Team Rewards
Join our hardworking, innovative and collaborative team and you’ll receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- Newly refurbished, central Brighton & Hove offices with subsidised parking
- Generous pension and bonus
- Private healthcare
- A 35-hour working week with some life, work balance flexibility
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Travel to Frankfurt and Las Vegas – extensive European and global travel for some positions
- Monthly “First Friday” drinks with guest speakers and even a wrap party in Las Vegas!
- Recognition programme to reward good deeds and make the office a fun place to work
- A culture promoting your health – In-house Pilates, massages, meditation…and fruit!
- Personal development opportunities ranging from access to ground breaking conferences to in-house training and team building days
- Social responsibility and sustainable practices are important to IMEX – We love a good bake day to raise funds for our chosen local charities and our Green Squad will even help to reduce your own carbon footprint!
How to apply
Send a covering letter and CV to us by 16th October 2019