This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is looking for a new challenge to progress their early marketing career to the next level. The ideal candidate will have in depth experience executing content and assisting with marketing campaigns, eager to demonstrate what they’ve learned, and receive support and training to progress their career as a Marketing Executive in a new, fast paced environment.
Reporting directly to our Marketing Manager and working alongside our Content Manager, your role will support the creation and enhancement of our digital content in line with our company goals.
You will need to be experienced in producing all forms of content, blog writing, email and social media. The ideal candidate will be familiar and well-versed in producing content that engages and converts.
TCMM Shutter Group is the parent company of 5 brands; Shutterly Fabulous, California Shutters, The Shutter Store, DIY Shutters and Carter and Clark. We supply high quality plantation shutters to homes across the UK & USA and we are growing rapidly – so it’s an exciting time to join our team.
Since we launched our first business, Shutterly Fabulous, in 2002, we have evolved and developed by quite some stretch. However, at the heart of our business, you’ll find a set of values that have remained steadfast. At the top of the list is, and always will be, quality. We pride ourselves on using only the best premium-grade timber hardwood for all of our shutters – you won’t find a single trace of MDF in our warehouse!
What type of person are we looking for?
- You have proven experience working on cross-platform campaigns
- You’re a confident and outgoing individual who thinks outside the box
- You have proven experience working with email marketing and CRM tools such as Mailchimp and Wordpress
- You have a keen eye for design and understand the importance of visuals
- You’re proactive and good at spinning plates
- You’re creative, especially when it comes to copywriting
- You’ve had experience writing blog content and creating email templates
- You love to get stuck in!
- …an interest in interior design would also be a big bonus, but not essential
Description of role
- Email creation
- Work to write and deliver promotional and inspirational emails in line with the Digital Communications Plan, devised by the marketing department
- Proof-read and test all emails to ensure we’re delivering messages clearly and exploiting all opportunity
- Assess competitor and cross-industry brand emails raising campaign ideas and design improvements to keep us ahead of the curve
- Offer creative input on email planning
- Content creation
- Write and schedule blogs across all websites using keyword/seasonality/competitor analysis provided by agencies and the Content Manager
- Update and maintain content across our websites
- Work to execute written tasks from a Digital Content Plan, devised by the Marketing department
- Assist in the creation of print and adverts
- Work with the Content Manager to brainstorm content ideas (video, blog posts, social media)
- Social Media
- Schedule organic content across brand social media channels adhering to brand guidelines (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Perform daily tasks as advised by the Marketing team to aid in the growth of our social media channels
- Nurture conversations with prospective customers across social media channels
- Project Assistance
- Support with the planning and running of photo and video shoots (approx. 1 per year) on location
This list is not exhaustive and you may be called upon to carry out other tasks and duties that may be reasonably expected within the scope of your role.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- In depth understanding of how digital content is created and communicated
- In depth understanding of how content can be used to persuade and influence
- Good team working skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively against tight deadlines
- Accurate and engaging writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and proactive
- Excellent IT skills including use of Google Drive, Microsoft Office packages, and specialist marketing systems e.g CRM, Email Marketing tools, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, English Language/Literature, Media or relevant
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Delivery of digital media work in a retail environment
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- 28 days Annual Leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), which is increased for long service employees
- Health Shield Staff Benefits
- Discounted Staff Shutters Programme
- Opportunities for career development with an ambitious and growing company
- An exciting and bustling environment with a group of passionate people
- Company laptop
- Off site creative meetings (in cafes by the beach!)
- Monthly team beers and quarterly office buffets
- Free parking