Here at Elucidat we're growing, and following a busy year of investment and headcount increase we're looking for a Finance Manager to support our CFO on a daily basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make this role your own, as it's new within our company structure.
As Finance Manager you will own the monthly financial operations for Elucidat and support the wider business by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company
Core responsibilities/ duties
- Manage the end to end finance operations, from AP, AR, month-end close and banking
- Prepare management accounts, including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Ensure Company compliance and day-to-day management of PAYE, VAT and Corporation Tax
- Carry out monthly consolidation of UK and US entities
- Be responsible for cash collections and keep a close eye on AR ageing
- Supporting the CFO as part of the year-end statutory audit process
- There will be plenty of opportunities for project work around improving systems and controls across the wider business
- At least 2 years experience within a similar role, preferably SaaS business experience. Someone newly qualified from practice would be considered
- Hunger and drive to own the finance operations
- Commercially minded with an analytical approach
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
- Excellent using MS Excel, G-Suite apps and prior experience using Xero is preferable
- A background supporting start-ups or fast-paced SME’s would be an advantage
- Experience working in an international business with multi-currency consolidation would be an advantage
- Qualified CIMA or ACCA/ACA, or potential to consider late-stage PQ experience
- Our company values are 'Learn, Care, Share' which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Flexible working and a healthy work/life balance - opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- Central Brighton office, great location, handy for transport links
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Opportunities to grow - from our excellent onboarding process through career plans to help you progress
- Dedicated learning time - learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company too, by offering you 1 day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Happier weekdays - A meeting-light culture and opportunities to get to know team members better through things like weekly ‘donuts’, monthly socials, and events. Free refreshments as well!
- Happier weeknights - We organise socials every month and bringing together everyone in the business including all remote workers at least once every 6 months to do team building exercises and to share ideas over dinner.
- Giving back - There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts to our software to charities such as Oxfam and Unicef.
- Everyone has a voice - We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day to day running of the company - a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. Our quarterly objectives (OKRs) are set by the entire team and we use the latest technologies to collect regular feedback anonymously through polling and pulse checks. We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.