Events Marketing Manager
- Radar One Media
- Brighton, UK - With travel to events as required
- £20,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
- Events Marketing Manager
- Design / Creative, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
We are an established Brighton based events company. We are seeking an ambitious Marketing Manager to grow our financial technology division across digital and live events.
Grow the marketing department for an event business in leading industry sectors to develop the best-in-class, must-attend finance and financial technology events for targeted market sectors and communities in UK, EMEA and USA.
You will have a strong background in b2b direct marketing, excel at social media and multi-channel event marketing campaigns have a proven track-record in developing win-win relationships with leading media partners and associations. You are an outstanding negotiator and professional.
The Event Marketing role for the Transform Finance business is hands-on and covers the planning and execution of comprehensive marketing strategies to generate sales leads, and ultimately drive paid attendees to relevant finance conferences, using a full range of direct and digital marketing channels. You will be working directly with our sales and production teams.
The ideal candidate will be, up-to-date on the latest online media platforms, have knowledge in creating multi-channel marketing campaigns, be social media savvy, able to forge external (media) partnerships, have exceptional written communication and organizational abilities.
Possessing an entrepreneurial drive is essential with flexibility, creativity and assertiveness in offering ideas and adding to the overall success of the events and our delegate and sponsorship sales teams.
The role reports directly to the Event Director for the event series and Owner, Radar One Media and works closely with all departments including sales, production and operations.
- Delivery of detailed event marketing plans to include email, content, social and media schedule / strategy – this would typically be 6-7 summits/conferences per annum
- Conducting detailed ROI / analysis to formulate targeted event marketing strategies
- Forging marketing partnerships with associations, publications, bloggers and other external partners
- Creating communications strategies, including writing of press releases, web copy, email copy and other promotional content as necessary
- Working closely with other departments, including sponsorship, delegate sales, production and operations, to achieve project objectives
- Establish content marketing strategies leveraging multiple channels. Manage the development and implementation of marketing programs to drive traffic to the website and leads for our sales team
- Define and execute an event specific social media strategy
- Working closely with the Event Director and Owner Radar One Media to ensure the development and implementation of ROM’s Marketing Strategy and for monitoring and analysing all event marketing action plans with the aim to achieve maximum event ROI
- Building campaigns for each event which create the maximum profit at the right level of risk
- Accurately and promptly analysing all marketing data and acting upon the results
- Creating and maintaining a dynamic and up-to-the-minute event web sites which drive revenue
- Ensuring that all marketing and sales materials are produced and distributed on time at the best possible cost for maximum impact
- Managing the marketing budgets per event and ensuring we work within agreed costings
- Either 2+ years’ experience in b2b event marketing or 3+ years in a very similar field (conferences, exhibitions, summits etc)
- Previous experience with web, mobile, social-media and e-mail metrics and be able to operate standard analytics programs such as Google Analytics, HTML, SEO, PPC and Ad words
- Knowledge of hub spot CRM advantageous
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and enforce tight deadlines
- Bachelor and/or equivalent advanced degree
- Top university graduate or equivalent calibre
- Excellent written skills
- Strong maths and analytical abilities
- Advanced Excel and / or Access; Power point
- HTML / web programming a plus
- Photoshop a plus
- Ambitious and creative marketer with strong communication skills
- Excellent database management experience
- Strong skills and a high degree of interest in event, digital marketing and social media
- Good multi-tasker who is calm under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and an effective team player
- Fast learner with the ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent organizational skills