Data & Performance Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced data analyst looking for a new challenge in their career to help shape and develop data analysis for 5 leading UK retail brands. The ideal candidate will have in depth experience extracting, handling, reporting and communicating insight on data preferably across digital marketing channels.
You'll sit within the Marketing Department reporting directly to our Marketing Manager but will work closely with the Inside Sales team as well as external agencies. Your role will be integral to the enhancement of our marketing and sales strategy.
You will need to be experienced in scrutinising information using data analysis tools, pulling meaningful results from the raw data, identifying various facts and trends and presenting findings confidently to key stakeholders. If you have an innate ability to draw valuable insight from data to inform key Marketing & Sales decisions this role is for you.
At TCMM Shutter Group, we assess metrics that matter; not data for data's sake. If you believe the same and you're keen to use your skills to make an impact, then keep reading.
TCMM Shutter Group is the parent company of 5 brands; Shutterly Fabulous, California Shutters, The Shutter Store, DIY Shutters and Carter & Clark. We supply high quality plantation shutters to homes across the UK & USA and we are growing rapidly. It's an exciting time to join our team as you will work hand in hand with our Director of Sales & Marketing, Marketing Manager and Sales Supervisor to shape our strategy for 2020.
Since we launched our first business, Shutterly Fabulous, in 2002, we have evolved and developed by quite some stretch. At the heart of our business, you'll find a set of values that have remained steadfast. At the top of the list is, and always will be, quality. We pride ourselves on using only the best premium-grade timber hardwood for all of our shutters; you won't find a single trace of MDF in our warehouse!
What type of person are we looking for?
- Proven experience gathering and reading data to assess performance and gain insight
- A firm understanding of marketing and the digital landscape including the basics of Email marketing, PPC advertising, and SEO
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular MS Excel including lookup functions, IF statements and pivot tables
- Strong working knowledge of marketing platforms in particular Google Analytics
- Hands on experience working with CRM data, Google Analytics and online technologies
- Quick to pick up new software and technologies
- A highly analytical mind which lends itself to critically examining an issue and devising a solution to a problem
- Excellent attention to detail
- Naturally inquisitive with a curious mind-set
- Highly organized, proactive and a self-starter
- A methodical worker who considers long term needs for the team
- Versatile with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- A strong relevant academic background in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science or related discipline
Description of role
Data + Performance Analysis
With input from the team, you'll be responsible for aspects of data analysis from day 1. You'll jump in to learn where and what the correct data is to inform marketing strategy, such as Content and Promotion performance. Your duties will be to locate, export, analyse and report on data from various platforms, querying the accuracy of data and correcting where needed.
You'll get to know our reporting across brands inside out suggesting improvements and drawing further insights. You'll naturally identify needs and set up reports for stakeholders and team members and/or you may be required to set up specific reports based on stakeholder and business requests
It's important to be good with words as well as numbers as you'll need to communicate across the business, liaising with internal teams to find out not just what they want to know, but also ascertain what will actually be useful to them. You'll be required to communicate your findings both internally and to client stakeholders in a clear, concise and accurate format so attention to detail is vital.
A key responsibility will be to share your expertise in data analysis, to train and support all team members in the marketing and sales department, so that we are doing best practice analysis.
At times your analytical expertise may be called upon to research and log competitor performance as well as extract and gather insight on the performance of our brands; email, content and social media performance to comparatively identify improvements.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be called upon to carry out other tasks and duties that may be reasonably expected within the scope of your role.
- Academic background in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar
- Commitment to continuing professional development
Experience and Knowledge Essential:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- In depth understanding of digital channels
- In depth understanding of Google Analytics
- Excellent IT skills including use of Google Drive, Microsoft Office packages, and familiarity with analytics in specialist marketing systems e.g CRM, Email Marketing tools, Facebook, Instagram, etc
Desirable but not essential:
- An understanding of GDPR principles
- Experience in Content and Keyword Analysis or a firm understanding of Organic performance
- Experience handling data for retail brands
- Actively looks for opportunities to reduce repeating work or time
- Looks for ways to change work methods to improve performance: asks how can this be done better?
- Systematically monitors and reviews progress against performance
- Where development needs are highlighted, arranges appropriate interventions
- Assesses time and resources needed for projects or activities
- Likes challenging projects
- Makes suggestions for areas for which he/she has no direct personal responsibility
- Has a record of seizing and driving ideas and opportunities to successful implementation
- Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas
- Has a flexible approach to problem solving
- Makes a systematic effort to obtain needed internal and external data, information or feedback for a specific goal or purpose
- Carefully presents data for presentations
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- 31 days Annual Leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays), which is increased for long service employees
- Health Shield Staff Benefits
- Discounted Staff Shutters Programme
- Opportunities for career development with an ambitious and growing company
- An exciting and bustling environment with a group of passionate people
- Company laptop
- Off site creative meetings (in cafes by the beach!)
- Monthly team beers and quarterly office buffets