- Pragmatic Web Limited
- Salary set using industry benchmarks
- Testing / QA
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
Quality is a core value here at Pragmatic and our QA team is the final seal of approval on all our work. We’ve got an opening for a QA Analyst to join our technical team. Our QA team are involved with our projects from initial planning through to delivery, so they can input at every stage (rather than waiting for code to chucked over the fence!). You’ll be located in our brand new offices in central Brighton.
- Deciding if a site is ready to release into the wild
- Ensuring a high level of quality is maintained at every stage of the software development life cycle
- Promoting good practice at all levels of the organisation
- Working directly with developers to write automated tests
- Defining test plans and creating test cases based on site requirement docs, UX wireframes, functional requirements etc
- Undertaking hands-on manual and automated testing of websites
- Reporting and retesting issues found during the test phases
- Ensuring all tested sites are delivered to the expected high standards
- Working within project teams, ensuring all relevant quality processes are complied with and suggesting changes when you find processes not working/out of date
- Writing acceptance criteria for user stories and ensuring that they are met
- Updating the automated regression suite to include new functionality/updates to sites
- Researching tools and processes, and proposing improvements to teammates
- Creating automated test suites in a variety of technologies
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience testing WordPress websites or similar
- Ability to extract testable requirements from a wide range of business and technical documentation and turn those into concise test plans
- A high benchmark for quality and the tenacity to ensure all deliverables meet this
- Understand and use a wide range of test techniques including exploratory, responsive, functional and nonfunctional testing, and to demonstrate those to the wider project team to ensure quality throughout the project lifecycle
- Understand what a database is for and how it can be manipulated for test purposes
- Exposure to different project methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
- Knowledge of bug tracking and project management tools
- Love of all things digital and tech
- Naturally inquisitive
- Ideally some familiarity with automaton tools e.g. Cypress, Selenium etc.
As well as progression through the levels towards a QA Lead role or Lead Automation role, QA is a fantastic launch pad into other areas of the business such as development or product management.
Learning and development
You are naturally inquisitive and have found bugs in many websites just from using them normally.