At Responsible Travel we help our customers live their travel dreams, while ensuring local people and wildlife benefit. We also aim to be a catalyst for positive change in the tourism industry.
Responsible Travel is the world's largest online travel company specialising in responsible tourism. We offer over 6,000 diverse small-scale, niche travel holiday offerings across 180 countries, and every year over 10,000 people travel with us. Every trip on our site is screened for its commitment to responsible tourism. In addition, we are an online publisher, publishing over 700 travel guides and articles. The company has been around since 2001; we grew rapidly in 2017 and 2018, and aim to continue growing in future.
We are seeking a PR Executive to join a small but fast-paced, customer-focused communications team whose primary objective is to raise the profile of Responsible Travel.
Responsibilities would include:
- Responding efficiently to incoming, day-to-day media enquiries via email, phone and TravMedia, liaising with our members where necessary to obtain information or images.
- Helping to draft and deliver press releases and media pitches.
- Liaising with our members, Account Management and values teams to help glean stories from our holidays and the people behind them.
- Use our internal system to seek out new and exciting holidays and stories to promote.
- Helping to research new, and maintain existing media relationships.
- Managing contacts and media database.
- Tracking and recording media coverage, sharing key articles internally.
- Helping to manage the Responsible Travel social media sites, posting to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram as necessary.
-Other tasks as may be required.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must, as is a meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to deal with deadlines calmly.
- You will be highly articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and a keen understanding of the importance and sensitivities of tone of voice.
- You’ll be adaptable, with a positive attitude, desire to learn, ability to take initiative as needed – and outstanding teamwork skills.
- Experience of working with journalists would be useful.
- Experience of using social media effectively.
- Strong computer literacy; working knowledge of packages such as Word and Excel.
- An interest in travel, and in particular responsible tourism.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the world's leading responsible tourism organisation and become part of our friendly and energetic team based full time in our Brighton office.
Salary – Full Time £23,500 per annum depending on experience. 40 hours per week. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, including one hour for lunch. Attendance at out of hours events may also be required.
We offer various staff benefits including being a part of our generous profit share scheme, 1 - 2 volunteering days out as a company per year, and 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
This role is full time, based in the Responsible Travel office in central Brighton, UK, and you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply.
Please send CV and covering letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com by 6pm Friday 13th December 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.