Junior Quality Assurance Engineer
Hack & Craft was founded in 2010 and has offices based in Brighton, London & Berlin with a team of highly skilled Product Designers, Engineers and Data Scientists operating across Europe at the forefront of the 4th industrial revolution.
Hack & Craft has built a wide range of innovative products, including AI and Machine learning based solutions, for start-ups and Fortune 500s. Through Lean start-up methodology and Hyper-Agile software development, H&C has deployed disruptive technology in companies such as Axel Springer, Akzo Nobel, Dulux, RS Components, EDF, Red Bull and Schneider Electric. Here are some of our case studies.
We are offering the opportunity for someone with an analytical mind and strong attention to detail to join our QA team and assist in ensuring projects are error-free and maintained to a high standard. The role requires someone who can bring their skills from previous roles and adapt to our agile development methodologies.
The role plays an important part in Hack & Craft’s product development process and will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Actively participate in weekly meetings; set and meet weekly sprint deliverables.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
• Raise bugs and errors and communicate with developers to determine a resolution.
• Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements and functionality.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
• Analyse feature requirements and devise appropriate and thorough test plans.
• Undertake both manual and automated testing.
• Work alongside the development team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible.
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• QA testing experience preferable, but not essential.
• Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience of a technical support role.
• An analytical mind.
• Attention to detail.
• Be confident using new technologies and software.
• Have an interest in software development or software in general.
• A digital native.
What we provide for you:
• A stable position with lots of growth potential in a profitable, fast-growing innovative company.
• Full training.
• The opportunity to learn about digital product development.
• A Pension Scheme.
• 24 days holiday.
• Expenses paid team meet-ups in different European locations
Why work for us?
A remarkable opportunity
We are a fast-growing digital-first Company with a flat hierarchy, allowing our staff the opportunity to develop rapidly within the Company. You will have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects utilising some of the most exciting technologies on the market today and delivering game-changing systems.
An agile international team
We are a Company where talented people enjoy a positive, dynamic and international working environment. We employ Smart people remotely across Europe, which allows us to hire the best talent regardless as to where they are, increasing employee retention and productivity. The team attend regular meet-ups at different locations across Europe, enabling us to share new ideas and stimulate the creative and problem-solving juices of our people.