Meiklejohn is an illustration agency based in Lewes and we have been representing illustrators for over 45 years. We work with a wide range of clients who commission our represented artists for advertising campaigns, adult and children’s books, editorial content and design briefs. We help our clients find the right illustrator for their project and oversee each commission to ensure it is completed smoothly for both client and artists. This is an exciting opportunity and would suit a recent graduate or mid-career candidate who is looking for a unique creative career with a passion for commercial art. We are a small supportive team, working with a fantastic group of artists who make up our extended creative network.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a self-motivated, confident individual to join Meiklejohn Illustration as a full time member of our team.
The position includes managing illustration commissions, marketing and promoting our represented artists and maintaining the agency website and social media channels. This is a multi-faceted role suited to someone who is resourceful, with a level-headed and pragmatic approach to problem solving and who isn’t daunted by multi-tasking.
The role will include:
- Project managing commissions for our clients and artists via email and phone.
- Negotiation of fees and contracts.
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the individual artists and agency, targeting new companies and developing relationships with existing clients.
- Arranging and facilitation face-to-face portfolio meetings.
- Maintaining the agency website and other external website portals.
- Represent our brand in an engaging way across our social media channels.
- Coordinating and formatting the agency weekly e-newsletter.
- Compiling weekly reports of e-newsletter activity.
- Data entry to support new business and marketing activities.
Skills and experience
- Experience in working in an office environment.
- A passion for and knowledge of commercial art and illustration.
- Exemplary organisational skills.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Good administration skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Experience managing social media channels.
- An eye for detail to ensure accuracy.
- Able to use a Mac with a working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experience in publishing, commissioning, agenting or art buying would be beneficial.
- Marketing experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of Indesign desirable.
- Experience in project or client managment.
- Experience in maintaining and updating database and client management systems.
- Working with newsletter admin packages to create email campaigns.
Please review www.meiklejohn.co.uk and www.kidscornerillustration.co.uk
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to Claire.email@example.com