Are you amazing at websites?
Junior front-end web developer needed at Worthing-based web accessibility and development agency. Full or part time considered for the right applicant.
If you are a talented, friendly developer with a good understanding of modern front-end development, accessibility, and technical SEO, we’d love you to apply for a job at Huxley!
We are a small, tight-knit team, and provide our staff with the autonomy and space they need to create quality work for a diverse array of clients, as well as the support required to allow their knowledge and confidence to grow.
Recent work has included making websites and running user testing for Food & Drink brands, The United Nations, The British Council, County Councils, Arts Organisations and more! We also run the creative network Worthing & Beyond – which will be putting on monthly informal meet ups for creatives through 2020.
Huxley specialise in building fully accessible websites, and run high end user testing sessions at our UX Lab, which will be part of our new open plan space in Central Worthing.
We strive to make a positive difference to the Internet – which needs to become a more inclusive, ethical environment that we can all trust. If this resonates with you, and you are excited by a career with Huxley – please get in touch.
If you’re interested, please email us at email@example.com
- Develop bespoke themes and websites using web development technologies (depending on experience, there is also space to design)
- Provide input on creative and design direction
- Work with the team on wireframes, UX and site architecture
- Work with clients to define website scopes and manage expectations throughout
- Wordpress theme development
- Responsive frameworks i.e. Bootstrap, Bulma
- GIT version control
- Passion for quality front-end and interactive design basics
– semantic markup, accessibility, space and consistency, design patterns
- Good knowledge of current trends, techniques and best practices
- Confident as part of a team
- Experience working with Roots’ WordPress development tools (Sage, Bedrock, Trellis)
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience working with commercial APIs
- Experience with modern build-stack tools (NPM, yarn, grunt, gulp, webpack)
- A friendly and sociable working environment in a nice, open plan studio by the sea.
- 27” iMac and other equipment if required.
- Flexible working / option to work a percentage of time from home available.
- Freedom of speech.