We're looking for an SEO Lead to join our Insights team for a 6-12 month period (maternity cover). This is a great opportunity for an SEO expert with technical and commercial skills to be part of our brilliant team, working on exciting projects with global brands.
As our SEO Lead, you drive the strategy and delivery of Search Engine Optimisation activity for all clients. You’re part of the Insights team, always helping us, and our clients, stay data-led.
- Manage and propose content based on market and keyword research.
- Conduct high-level technical audits for clients
- Design content audits including content creation and optimisation.
- Create actionable analysis and insight for our teams.
- Develop link building strategies alongside our creative team.
- Provide SEO capability training for our clients and in-house teams when needed.
- Provide SEO consultancy for our Brilliant Noise Consultancy arm.
- SEO strategy development and implementation.
- Contribute to the strategic and implementational planning of Brilliant Noise marketing and sales activities.
- Demonstrate thought leadership
- Chair regular updates with account managers and key internal stakeholders to outline strategy and plans to grow performance.
- Evangelise SEO by providing regular training, knowledge share and updates to internal teams.
- Represent our SEO offering to existing clients and in new-business pitches.
- Oversee our capability in Technical SEO, Content and Digital PR to ensure we are continuously improving to meet the demands of clients in a constantly changing environment.
- Manage SEO product creation, including maintenance and internal adoption of them. As well as providing assets needed for new business marketing.
Who you are
- An SEO expert and could talk for days about search engine marketing, you stay up-to-date with the latest algorithm developments and have a successful background with technical, on-site and content based SEO.
- Able to easily identify and implement the best SEO out there, as well as being able to provide capability and strategic consultancy to our clients - making you a great fit for both our agency and consultancy models.
- Comfortable partnering directly with clients, helping businesses to understand the importance of search and the role it plays in the marketing mix.
- A strategic thinker who uses SEO best practice to inform marketing strategy throughout the customer decision journey.
- You have an analytical mindset. You take a structured approach to problem solving and make recommendations based on a clear evidence base.
- You have a strong track record of delivering organic growth for a web platforms, targeting audiences in multiple markets.
- You’re skilled using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and a range of SEO measurement, research and reporting tools (we use SEMRush).
- You’re very comfortable working with data in MS Excel, Google Sheets etc
- Agency experience, preferably in a client facing role.
- You’ve delivered training and insights to clients and colleagues as a subject matter expert on SEO.
- Google Analytics individual qualification and/or power user certification.
- Experience in site migration projects requiring redirect plans would be a plus.
- You’re analytical in your approach to tasks. You can interpret large amounts of information and quickly extract the most important and relevant information.
- You can be strategic and tactical as the situation demands. Ensuring all of your work embeds long-term objectives into its methodology and outputs.
- You’re able to identify and diagnose technical issues with web platforms that are detrimental to SEO.
- You have a ‘user first’ approach to SEO and website changes.
- You’re a great communicator. You’re able to explain technical SEO processes/insights/results to people with no previous understanding of the subject in an engaging way that’s easy to understand.
- You understand the commercial realities of SEO and how optimisations can deliver meaningful return on investment for clients.