Office Manager (Maternity Cover: 10 months)
Plug-in Media is looking to recruit an Office Manager to cover maternity leave.
As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for the management of all office operations and for the administration of a small but exceptionally busy team. You will also act as a Personal Assistant to the Managing Director and Creative Director.
Our busy studio has a positive and cheerful atmosphere. Everyone works hard, but we like to have fun whilst we’re doing it. We’re not saving lives, we’re just making the best children’s media in the world - and there’s no point in being too serious about that! We have regular company outings (tickets to the Brighton Fringe Festival is a favourite), have free sandwich or soup Thursdays (depending on the season), the odd summer barbeque and all the usual, traditional company benefits such as up to 25 days holiday, bike scheme and the like. We’re really happy to hear from parents and are pleased to consider requests for flexible working.
Your duties will include:
- Working as a PA to the directors: organising meetings, arranging travel and accommodation, fielding phone calls and managing their busy diaries.
- Raising invoices, tracking payments, managing petty cash and reconciling company outgoings in Xero.
- Processing grant and tax break applications and claims
- Helping with HR: composing and posting job adverts, responding to applicants, organising interviews, preparing contracts, performing inductions for new staff, booking freelancers, managing project resource requests and the time sheet system.
- Dealing with and keeping records of company suppliers, clients, freelancers, staff and job applicants.
- Managing and tracking album and app sales and posting out CDs to customers.
- Keeping the company’s social media channels up-to-date.
- Maintaining and arranging company policies and documentation such as insurance.
- Organising Plug-in events/activities such as parties, lunches, training and days out.
- Overseeing system administration: troubleshooting any hardware and/or software issues, co-ordinating external support where required, sourcing and maintaining equipment.
- General clerical duties: ordering office supplies, answering phone calls, printing and collating documents, watering plants, maintaining office space, kitchenette and recycling bins, organising tea & coffee for clients etc.
- You will be responsible for the health & safety within the company.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills - a positive and cheerful disposition, both face-to-face and over the telephone.
- A can-do attitude - willing to take on new tasks and learn on the job .
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of office software Word, Excel, Powerpoint and G-Suite and Xero.
- Previous Office Management and PA experience within the media industry desirable.
This is a fixed-term maternity cover contract position, Monday – Friday 9.30am-5.30pm, based in our Brighton studio close to London Road and Preston Park.
We would like the role to start w/c 24th February 2020 and will be for a fixed term contract ending in December 2020.
Please send your CV with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience and where you feel you meet the job specification to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting: OFFICE MANAGER.