The post is part of the Global DB Services Team which in turn is part of the IT Operations Team. The role will focus on the daily DBA functions and providing Database Support across the SQL environment, both SaaS and PaaS, and primarily on the Microsoft Azure host.
Key accountabilities and duties
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role.
- Support and working with the Global DB Support team on the management of the Azure DB estate
- Perform the required regular system and database health checks of the Global database estate, on the IaaS, SaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Management and support of the Global Analysis Services estate.
- Support & troubleshooting of related database issues within to be defined SLA’s
- Monitor & log database changes & be part of the change control process to ensure only authorised and expected changes occur
- Implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitoring of key events in the SQL estate using the SolarWinds DPA tool
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support
- Monitor and respond to security events\threats
- Creation of user accounts and periodic review of database access
- Perform platform\system maintenance as required
- Perform database restores
- Enhance & tune resource intensive queries through benchmarking and testing
- Assist with INTO SQL Estate planning and project work
- Providing absence cover for the UK Team DBA
Please refer to the job description for this post for the necessary skills and experience required.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2020