NLS is an independent digital agency founded in 2004. With a highly experienced cross-functional team we work with many different organisations across multiple vertical sectors, helping our clients to adapt and evolve in the digital economy, building better products that make a difference to people’s lives. We provide a fresh, grounded and collaborative approach to every project, taking time to listen and understand our client’s organisation, challenges and ambitions. We are committed to building trusted and positive long-term relationships and deliver value.
We are based in the heart of Brighton on the edge of the north laine, a few minutes from Brighton train station.
We are looking for a Technical Director to lead and deliver technical development to meet client requirements efficiently, and /or with greater reusability. You will be accountable for the operational delivery, technical strategy and overall management of the development team in line with the business strategy and the future ambitions of the business. As a member of the leadership team you will have a voice in the overall shaping of the business from a technology perspective.
- Have hands-on involvement in the company’s technical, complex projects
- Responsible for quality technical specification and architectures
- Lead the technical approach and tools to deliver scalable robust solutions with security in mind
- Ensure the technical team deliver a high-quality and efficient service on projects and to clients
- Responsible for ensuring best practice and consistent standards
- Conduct code-reviews and assessments to maintain high standards of delivery
- Review and fine tune existing technical approach and systems;
- Participate in business development; acquisition of new business, client retention and growth.
- Ensure the team’s industry technology knowledge is kept up to date and relevant
- Champion, oversee, and enforces quality assurance within the agency
- Work with the Development Manager to help identify skills gaps and learning opportunities
- Mentoring team to help them grow their own technical knowledge and abilities
- Drive company initiatives, support the company culture and lead by example
- Manage capacity forecasting for your team to support pipeline and business growth
- Define R&D strategies and subject areas
- In-depth and current hands on technical experience of both front and back end development
- Proven technical management experience working in a digital agency environment
- Excellent understanding of agile methodologies/workflow including the use of tools such as JIRA
- Lead architectural decisions and implementation of key changes to future proof the technology
- Ability to collaborate closely with teammates to help problem solve/define, deliver and code review features
- Demonstrable experience of coaching/mentoring developers at all levels
- Ability to lead technology in a growing SME, working with large organisations
- Strategic thinker who is equally at home with detail and implementation
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical presentation and communication skills, must be comfortable and capable at communicating to the wider team and clients
To apply, please upload your CV with a cover letter detailing why you would be great for the role and why you want to work for NLS
** Stictly No Agencies **