Business Development Manager
- Emerald Group
- £40,000 - £60,000 + 60% Commission & Benefits
- Business Development, eLearning, Sales
- Contract Type
Are you a B2B sales professional with extensive corporate experience?
Are you a proactive sales hunter with a drive to achieve results?
Who We Are:
Emerald Group is a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While our roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the group's learning division provides learners with the insight and online tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
As a Business Development Manager in our learning division, you’ll join our new business sales team where you'll collaborate closely with the wider business and sales leadership, focusing on generating sales by proactively calling and selling the Mind Tools & GoodPractice products and services to a defined audience of prospective clients, either in the USA or EMEA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Generate new business sales pitching our corporate solution to prospective clients.
- Provide demonstrations booked from cold call data.
- Proactively generate sales opportunities and write sales proposals.
- Follow up pitches to answer questions and progress to closing the sale in accordance with client needs.
- Collaborate with corporate/account management team to look at continuously improve overall outbound sales activities.
- Support the Sales Director and leadership time to drive forward unitedly the team’s objectives.
- Close liaison and support to Client Success team.
- You’re success will be measured by lead generation from cold (30%), moving prospects to confirmed orders (50%) and collaborative activities (20%)
Overall Key Performance Measures:
- Maintain a high level of outbound phone activity engaging both new prospects and pipeline deals.
- Creation of new and movement of existing sales opportunities within Salesforce.
- Effective diary management to ensure coverage to achieve sales targets.
- Achieving Sales Targets.
Who We’re looking For:
- Minimum five years sales experience.
- B2B over the phone experience.
- Has knowledge and experience of advanced selling techniques such as Challenger Sales.
- Experience of running demos to show an understanding of the product and its value to the
- Ability to question and delve deep to understand the Client’s business needs.
- Experience of using word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Cold call experience.
- Previous experience with a subscription sales model.
- A background linked to L&D/training or HR to support in understanding the client’s needs in line
- with their business objectives.
- Experience of presenting to C-suite whether face to face or in the virtual environment.
What’s in It For You?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working, performance bonus, enhanced pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.