Admin and Digital Assistant
- Snow-Camp National Youth Charity
- £18,000 plus up to a 10% performance bonus
- Design / Creative, Office / Administration, Video / Content Production
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Snow-Camp is an innovative youth charity that uses a unique combination of skiing, snowboarding, life-skills and vocational training programmes to support inner-city young people.
The desired candidate will be the first contact that our clients and supporters have when getting in touch with Snow-Camp. You will undertake reception and office admin duties, ensuring effective and friendly service and support to the wider Snow-Camp team.
Along with admin skills we are looking for someone who has a passion for photography and videography, along with experience of using the Adobe Creative Suite. To help us to document our work and to create high impact images and videos for us to use to promote the impact the charity is having across our programmes.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain a whole host of experience as part of a small, supportive team in Hove we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter by 12 midday Wednesday 1st April 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be on Monday 6th April at the Snow-Camp Head Office in Hove.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills are required and an ability to answer general telephone enquiries and passing on messages to relevant persons is essential.
- It is essential you possess an ability to pay attention to detail in your role to support administration and recording; dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- You will deal with registering participant’s accreditations, customer inquiries and ensuring you work with the Snow-Camp team to provide an efficient, friendly and highly professional service.
- A passion for photography and videography. You must feel comfortable with a camera to help us to document our work and to create high impact images and videos for us to use to promote our work. This will require visiting our programmes and working with some of the charity's beneficiaries.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. You will need to create digital and print materials, for example, adverts, visual graphics, social media images/gifs and brochures. You will also be required to edit the photos you take and videos you film.
- Provide support where needed to the Communications Manager on the website and blog, including generating content and monitoring its performance.
- You will be trained on Upshot our monitoring and evaluation platform and you will provide support to help Snow-Camp better manage our data, improve performance, track progress, and report on outcomes.
- General levels of organisation will enable you to complete filing as and when required, provide support in other administration areas such as maintenance of client database, invoices and other ad hoc duties as directed by the Directors.
- The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate, e.g. in-service training and other courses relevant to the role.
- It is also expected that you will be able to:
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Assist staff with resources when required
- Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills
- A level of maturity to work in a business environment will be required
- Motivated by making a difference to customer experience
- Good interpersonal skills are essential and excellent communication, listening and presentation skills will also be key
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- A passion for photography and videography
- Passion for social media
- Willingness to learn and professionally develop
- Committed to self-development
- Does what they say they will do when they make a commitment – i.e. show up on time and not let people down
- Values others
- Confident to take the lead when appropriate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to collective success
- Creative and innovative
- To be able to work under pressure and to deadlines, across flexible hours and weekends as required
- A level of technical competence is required in the operation of photocopying and printing machines and general resources service
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- An interest in snowsports is desirable but not essential
- Driving license
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of PPC
Snow-Camp is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to a criminal record check under the arrangements established by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and two satisfactory references.