At 15gifts, we’re obsessed with the psychology of choice. We study the key principles that drive people to make confident choices on the high-street, and we pour this insight into our intelligent decision-engine technology to replicate the experience online.
We work with some of the world’s leading brands, powering thousands of confident customer decisions every day. Our partners include Verizon, O2, Sky, Virgin Media, EE, and BT.
We also love data; with every interaction we learn more about our customers - gathering insights and generating increasingly accurate recommendations.
We’re a fast-growing company and we’re excited about the opportunities that lie ahead. We’re a team that’s made of driven, ambitious and exceptional individuals and we’re looking for like-minded people to become part of our success story.
About the role
At 15gifts we take a cloud-first approach which enables us to leverage the best technology and continuously improve our security posture. We need a Cloud Engineer to become the newest member of our Technical Operations team to help us move forwards with a number of initiatives. You’ll be developing our AWS infrastructure to ensure it’s secure, scalable & cost-effective, helping manage & secure our suite of cloud products, and supporting the employees who rely on them.
The person we are looking for…
- Has a passion for cloud technology
- Is a highly technical and driven individual
- Is not afraid of change or big ideas
- Is a multi-disciplined and experienced professional
- Can work in harmony with all areas of the business
You will be responsible for...
- Securing, monitoring & developing our AWS infrastructure
- The provisioning, uptime & maintenance of our Ubuntu & MySQL fleet
- Bringing new ideas and innovation to our tech stack
- Working closely with the development team to deliver key AWS infrastructure projects
- Providing support to employees, their devices and the associated cloud services
Skills and Experience Required - (Essential/Desirable)
- 2-years experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (essential)
- Administration of Linux servers and MySQL databases (essential)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, e.g. Terraform (essential)
- Experience with configuration-as-code, e.g. Chef (essential)
- Ability to write code and basic scripts for automation (essential)
- Experience using & supporting Apple Macs (desirable)
- Exposure to security frameworks, e.g. ISO27k, CIS, NIST, CSA (desirable)
Why choose us
Our success is underpinned by our cultural values. These values are not something we stick up on a wall – they don’t need to be. They are behaviours that we recognise and celebrate in each other. They are what we live by every day.
15gifts cultural values
- Celebrate brilliance
- Take ownership
- Share Insights
- Look for a better way
- Support each other
Our values are driven through Culture Club – a staff team that rotates every quarter. Advocates for our culture as we grow, Culture Club activates ideas, makes improvements and helps everyone to connect.
We can confidently say that our sea-view office is one of Brighton’s best. However, we're currently all working from home, and will be taking a cautious approach to returning to our much loved office.
We're used to having flexible workspaces, which mean you’re not tied to a desk, unless you want to be. You could work in a sociable spot on floor 4, or set yourself up with a screen on floor 3. This is everyone’s space and it’s available after work – our staff host everything from gaming and craft nights to adventure film screenings. However, we will of course be following strict social distancing and health & safety guidelines for as long as is advised.
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit, snacks, beers, locally-roasted coffee
- Food for thought: free lunch and talks every Friday
- Lunchtime yoga, mindfulness and other fitness activities
- Regular social events, from Friday drinks to book club
- Visits from friendly office dogs
- Quarterly reviews that involve everyone in strategy planning
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme): confidential counselling for work and personal issues
- Cycle to work scheme and Medicash healthcare scheme
- 33 days holiday (including Bank holidays) and your birthday off work
- On site changing rooms, showers and internal bike storage