Junior Front-End Developer (Support)
- Safe As Milk Limited
- Brighton or Remote
- Circa £26,000 pro rata
- Front-End Development, Full Stack Development, eCommerce
- Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Safe As Milk builds themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform and we are looking for a part time Junior Front-end Developer (Support) with a passion for solving problems. This job will potentially lead to a full time position for the right applicant.
Online commerce and Shopify in particular is growing fast. We already have a fantastic support crew (read the ‘Venue’ reviews in the Shopify theme store) but are looking to strengthen the team by adding someone who is has a strong interest in working with code. This means you will mainly be reacting to support tickets escalated by our first tier support staff.
We’re a small, friendly, distributed team (Brighton, Galway and Lithuania) and this new role can be fully remote or based at our lovely shared office space in central Brighton. Or a mix of the two if you prefer.
We will provide all hardware and software you need to do your job and if you wish to attend training courses or conferences (when they start up again) we strongly encourage you to do so. We will help you develop and learn.
Attitude and attributes
Because of the way we work you have to be a self-motivated person who can handle some autonomy. The senior people in the company are always available to help but we would expect you to get on with your work without being micro-managed. Office hours can be flexible. This role is about providing effective, high quality support to our customers within a published timeframe. Happy customers is everything to us.
What you will be doing
- Answering technical support tickets
- Diagnosing and debugging code conflicts
- Advising merchants of possible fixes and solutions
- Implementing code fixes if the issue is with our products
- Keeping records of code fixes needed for the next release of existing products
- Helping to build our new themes and apps
- jQuery and SASS
- Responsive web design knowledge
- Proficiency in using browser debugging tools
- Friendly with good written communication skills
- Self starter and self motivated
- UX / UI design skills
- Shopify CMS
- Shopify liquid template language
- General ecommerce knowledge
- Functional React
- APIs (GraphQL and REST principles)
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. As part of the interview process we will be setting a code test to asses your level of skill and may ask you to do a short recorded video introduction.